Birthday gift

We already reported what happened to me when I visited my ancestral house and our Master said that I should be careful and do not let my guard down.

After that, I recieved some mission where I will go by myself and I managed to do so.

Some demon slayers have said that my skills can be compared to a Hashira, but the truth is, it's because I train everytime I had a free time, even it's morning or evening. My father also trained me before when I was still a kid, so at the early age, I had the experience to use a katana and to do a close combat thing.

It's been four months since I moved at Rengoku residence at tomorrow is my birthday.

Kyojuro's father said that he don't mind if we throw a party or not. So Kyojuro said that we will celebrate my birthday at our Master's place to have some bondings with the Hashira and other Demon slayers.

-------›
I woked up at exactly 7:00 am and Kyojuri is already prepared. He must be excited. So I already take a bath, wear my uniform and added some faint lipstick.

"You look more stunning today." I heard him talked when I approached him at the gate.
"..thank you." actually, hearing this kind of words from a man is common for us girls. But when Kyojuro said, I couldn't help but to scream inside.
"Oh wait Rengoku-san-- I...I didn't cook some foods." I hold the side of his haori. I totally forgot it.
"Don't worry, we already planned that the other demon slayer with a cooking skills will cook some foods for us." he replied with his usual tone. The energetic one.
"They don't need to do that..." yeah, they don't need to do that since it is just my birthday.
"They didn't do that because you are my soon-to-be wife, but because you are like a family to us. So no worries, enjoy your day!" he patted my head and started walking.

I can hear the chattering of the people inside the headquarters. I bet they are looking forward to this, not only because it is my birthday but also they can bond and relax just for a day until 5:00 pm to fulfill their duties again.

"Y/n!!!!, Happy birthday!" I heard Mitsuri shouted at me when we entered the head quarters.
"Happy birthday." I heard Shinobu said and then putted some flower in my ear.
"Oh! The birthday celebrant is already here! What a flamboyant day we have! Happy birthday Y/n!" Uzui shouted and the focus of all people inside the headquarters dropped on me.

"Ah! Just right on time! We just finished cooking the foods, Y/n-san!"
"Happy birthday Y/n!"
"More birthdays to come!"
"Let's start celebrating Y/n-san birthday!"

I heard them cheerfully shouted. But before sitting down, we straighted up to our Master who's sitting in front of us.

"Happy birthday my child, enjoy your day. It's been a long time since you joined the demon slayer corps, and I can say you are an excellent slayer." he said and motioned me to come closer to him. He hugged me and kissed my head. Somewhat I feel calm and contented, not just because of what he done to me but also because of his voice.

"Yes Master, thank you so much for agreeing to celebrate my birthday here." I kneeled down and Kyojuro also do the same.
"Now, let's starts the celebration shall we?" he announced and everyone started to shout 'happy birthday' and starts chowing the food.

I was about to sit down with the other demon slayers when, Kyojuro pulled my hand and make me sit at the table with the Hashira.

"Huh? But--" I got cutted off when Mitsuri talked.
"It's your birthday! So sitting woth us won't hurt right? Let's forgot about those ranks!" she exclaimed as she hugged me and take my hand to place me between her and Shinobu.