72 - Exposed

One trait shared by mature adults like Ji Fanyin and Zhang Ning was knowing when to end a joke.

Seeing that the young man was already blushing to the tip of his ears, Ji Fanyin decided to stop teasing him. She could already spot the actors' resting room, so she made her way there herself, wanting to give the young man some room to calm down.

However, Chen Yunsheng quickly grabbed the sleeves of her cashmere windbreaker to stop her. He took in a deep breath before lifting his head to look at her. "Will you give my skills a try after I graduate from the cooking class?"

Humans would always progress from adolescence to adulthood but never the other way around. That was why adults, from time to time, would find themselves overwhelmed by the assault of past memories, that would leave them in a wistful mood.

That was how Ji Fanyin was feeling right now.

She lowered her head and seriously gave the matter some thought.

Time slowly ticked by.

The first one to break the silence ended up being the one who had extended the invitation, "You don't need to think that hard about it. I'll be fine even if you reject me. As long as you're willing to try my cooking, you can call me over whenever it's convenient for you. I'll rush there right away."

"When do your cooking classes end?" Ji Fanyin raised her head and asked him.

Chen Yunsheng was momentarily stunned. "My classes end in April. Three months from now."

"April..." Ji Fanyin thought about it for another few more seconds before answering, "Got it. Work hard in your cooking class. Tell me when your class ends."

I should be done with Li Xiaoxing and Ji Xinxin by then. Thinking on the optimistic side, Bai Zhou might have also graduated by then.

I guess I could start thinking about it when April comes.

"Really?" Chen Yunsheng breathed a long sigh of relief. "It's a promise!"

Ji Fanyin glanced at his hand and said, "Tea."

Chen Yunsheng lowered her head and noticed that the Oolong tea he had been tightly clutching out of nervousness was spilling out of his straw, but he had been too caught up in his emotions to notice it.

Ji Fanyin patted his shoulder and said, "Go and wash up. I'll head in first to settle my business."

Chen Yunsheng obediently walked away as he was told to, though he kept turning his head around to look at her every few steps. Meanwhile, Ji Fanyin walked up to the actors' resting room and knocked on the door.

The men who were busy feasting on the skewers subconsciously turned their eyes to the doorway.

Ji Fanyin had personally supervised the interviews, so many of the actors recognized her. They quickly shot to their feet in a fluster and greeted her.

Ji Fanyin answered their greeting before turning her attention toward the actor who went by the surname of Liang. "There's something I'd like to check with you."

The actor awkwardly stood up and left the resting room together with Ji Fanyin.

There was an empty clearing several steps away from the resting room. Ji Fanyin didn't want to head to some remote place and risk having unnecessary rumors spread about them, so she got straight to the point, "You mentioned earlier that I was here again?"

The nervous actor was surprised by the unexpected question. "I did. Is there something wrong?"

"This is my first time visiting the film set since the opening ceremony." Ji Fanyin casually slipped her hands into her pockets and looked at him. "What do you mean by 'again'?"