70 - What a Small World

Start from the beginning

"My apologies, Miss Ji. You're in the country, right?" Secretary Fan was polite in his response. "Mr. Li is currently in the UK for work."

Ji Xinxin was disappointed to hear that, but at the same time, she felt a tinge of unease as well. Having lost Bai Zhou and Song Shiyu, she couldn't help but wonder if Ji Fanyin had made a move on her other targets too.

Isn't it Ji Fanyin's aim to make money? There's no way she would turn a blind eye to Li Xiaoxing given how rich he is. If Li Xiaoxing chooses to defect to Ji Fanyin's side as well, I'd really be doomed...

"Since you called, Mr. Li has tasked me to consult you on a matter." The sound of flipping papers could be heard. "... Are you free from 12th February to 15th February? Mr. Li would like to invite you to Japan for a change of pace."

Ji Xinxin's mood immediately lifted. "Sounds great! It coincides with my Spring Break, so I should be able to make time. Is there anything I'd need to prepare?"

It was an overseas trip during a period that coincided with Spring Break and Valentine's Day. There was no doubt in Ji Xinxin's mind that Li Xiaoxing was preparing a surprise for her.

"Everything will be prepared for. All you have to do is to hand me your passport so that I can apply for a visa on your behalf," replied Secretary Fan.

After agreeing on a time for Secretary Fan to fetch her passport, they hung up the call.

Ji Xinxin stowed away her phone and took two deep breaths before her usual smile returned to her face.

It doesn't matter. As long as I have Li Xiaoxing in my grasp, Ji Fanyin will never be a threat.

Meanwhile, Ji Fanyin was busy dealing with Bai Zhou.

It was even more tiring to teach Bai Zhou than Li Xiaoxing. Li Xiaoxing at least understood his own position, but Bai Zhou was painfully oblivious to his own shortcomings.

Fortunately, Ji Fanyin knew of ways to deal with the conceit.

Teaching Bai Zhou to be a proper human was the same as teaching a five-year-old kid. The first thing she had to do was to build up trust and authority. With that, she would be able to instill values in his head one by one.

She would reward him if he did right and criticize him if he did wrong.

The process would continue until he built up a stable, mature, and healthy set of values.

To be frank, Ji Fanyin didn't think that she was qualified to be anyone's teacher, but it wasn't as if Mrs. Bai was asking her to nurture Bai Zhou into a wise philosopher who doled out warm chicken soup.

All she had to do was teach Bai Zhou how not to be duped by women, and that was easy enough.

But before starting the lessons, she would have to first assess if Bai Zhou was still vulnerable to Ji Xinxin's deception. To her relief, he appeared to be less vulnerable when the four of them crossed paths earlier in the day.

Bai Zhou's schedule was as exhausting as ever. He brought Ji Fanyin to get a taste of the Universal Studios in February.

It was good that they were able to avoid huge crowds, but the freezing wind might have just been a plausible reason for why there wasn't a crowd in the first place.

Nine at night, before they left the amusement park, Bai Zhou bought a warm cup of milk tea and stuffed it into Ji Fanyin's hands. Finally feeling the warmth in her hands, she decided to offer an insincere compliment to the young man, who was finally learning how to show concern for others, "Zhouzhou is such a good boy."