"What happened?" Jimin asks, alarmed, and he rises to his feet. The hot liquid sloshes up the edge but doesn't spill again. In the door frame stands none other than Jinho, his alpha best friend, whose stressed ocean scent waves through the hut, and fills Jimin's nostrils.

"He fell while he was playing with other kids. I think he has some wounds."

That can mean many things. Jimin hopes the child is not as unwell as Jinho's worried scent suggests.

Jimin takes what he needs and throws it into a basket. If the wound is deeper, they will have to take the patient to the hut for treatment anyway. He takes his basket and hurries after his best friend through the village, disregarding the pairs of eyes following their steps. Jimin doesn't care about how many eyes are fixed on him, he had already gotten used to the other pack members' stares by now.

Jimin finds the little boy sitting near a root and rushes to his side. Other pack members have already gathered and are trying to calm the young pup down, which means that Jimin has to make his way through the crowd. The young child is holding one of his hands in front of him, tears brimming in his eyes. Jimin can only guess that he has hurt himself worse than the scratches show. Aside from the scratches on his arms, there are also scratches on his legs.

"What happened to you?" the healer asks gently. He tries his best to ignore the people gathered around him and focus on the task at hand. The boy does not hesitate to hold out his hand to Jimin, although fear is written in his face. Carefully the healer takes the boy's hand between his hands and inspects it more closely. Jolting as the little one hisses, he wants to pull his hand away. The child's face morphs into a pained expression, tears threatening to fall when Jimin begins to clean his scratches.

"I know it hurts, but you have to be strong if you want it to stop hurting." He whispers so softly that only the boy next to him can hear it.

The boy nods bravely despite the tear which rolls down his cheek. Jimin guesses that he's not older than maybe seven years. Although the healer lives in a pack, the pack is big and he does not know everyone's name, especially those with whom he doesn't have regular contact.

"Very good. It looks like your hand is sprained. I'll give you a bandage and you really shouldn't move your hand for the next two weeks. It's really important, do you understand? I'll wrap something else around it for support."

"H-hurts," the boy confesses with a whimper and Jimin reaches out to wipe his finger over his cheek. He discerns the faint gasp of a pack member and Jimin worries if it was really necessary or clever to wipe his finger over his cheek and the possibility of the boy smelling like Jimin, makes him chew on the inside of his cheek. It was most likely a pretty stupid move but you can't expect him to act cold when seeing someone in pain who's additionally to that his patient.

"How about we go for a walk once I'm done with applying a bandage on your wrist?" Jimin whispers again, feeling quite intimidated by the stares that rest on him.

He applies cream to the boy's scratches and pulls out a white bandage, which he uses with the help of some sticks to stabilise the kid's wrist. Jimin's hands work quickly on the bandage and he checks the child up for other scratches or wounds he might have missed. Jimin gives the child a reassuring smile when he thinks no one is watching. Unknown to him, however, a pair of eyes has been lingering on him with nothing but hate and disapproval this entire time.

"Come on. Let's go on a walk." Jimin prompts and helps up the small boy.

Jimin is about to take a step when one of the omegas around him reaches out to rip the boy's hand from his grip and growls, however, he is stopped by Jinho's hand on their arm. It hinders the omega to take another step towards Jimin.