Song Shiyu smacked his forehead and burst into laughter. "I'll try my best."

There's nothing wrong with his response.

Ji Xinxin eyed the staff member with her peripheral vision. The staff member had already turned his head away, but she couldn't help but feel bothered by his response.

She didn't think that she had asked a weird question, but the way he had reacted was extremely off.

"Now that we're done looking around the exhibition, shall we grab dinner together?" Song Shiyu took a look at his watch and asked. "Are you hungry yet?"

Ji Xinxin snapped out of her daze. "Yeah, I'm getting hungry. You said last time that you would treat me to that authentic Western restaurant. Why don't we head there today?"

"Alright, let's go with that."

Ji Xinxin was still feeling troubled over the incident in the gallery that she subconsciously ordered seafood soup.

It was only when the seafood soup was served with clams inside that she realized that she had made a mistake here. She hurriedly scooped the clams into her own bowl and apologized, "Sorry, Shiyu. My thoughts wandered for a moment there. I forgot that you don't eat shellfish."

I made a mistake here, but Song Shiyu wouldn't mind since I realized it the moment it was served.

Such were Ji Xinxin's thoughts, but she noticed that Song Shiyu's response was a little odd.

He had been paying focus to her movements all this while, but his expression suddenly stiffened at her apology. It looked as if... He had woken from a dream.

Shortly after, Song Shiyu apologized smilingly too, "It's fine. I got distracted for a moment there too. Too much work recently."

"Ah, it looks like we're equal then!" Ji Xinxin pushed the seafood soup to the middle of the table with a chuckle. "You should be fine with it once I get all of the clams out, right?"

Song Shiyu looked at her with a gentle smile. "Mm... Thanks."

Ji Xinxin was going to participate in Lakeside University's event the following day after meeting Song Shiyu, so she decided to take the opportunity to ask Bai Zhou out.

Bai Zhou refused to admit it, but he was incapable of concealing the anticipation in his voice.

His behavior had been a little weird recently, but Ji Xinxin wasn't too worried about him. She figured that he was just in a low mood due to his previous confrontation with his father's mistress and illegitimate son, and that he should bounce back soon enough.

That being said, there was still a need for her to maintain her relationship with Bai Zhou. He was the sole successor of the ultrawealthy Bai Family, after all.

I wonder if his parents' illegitimate children would affect his inheritance rights. If so, I'd have to drop his priority level.

Ji Xinxin began revising the ranking list of her suitors on the way to Lakeside University.

It didn't take her long to reach her destination. She got off the cab and made her way into her alma mater. Before she could meet Bai Zhou, she encountered a tall man.

This man was walking down the pathway alone with a stack of books in his arm. There was a cold, emotionless look on his face as he stared at the phone in his hand intently. With a swift glance at his dress-up, Ji Xinxin could tell that he was from an affluent family.

There aren't any couple-related accessories on him. Is he single?

Had it been a year ago, there was no way Ji Xinxin would let go of such quality goods. It was just that she was going to meet the 'vinegar vat' Bai Zhou today, so it wouldn't be apt for her to chat up other guys.