25 - Even Tenfold?

Start from the beginning

"It's just a meeting," replied the chief secretary as he calmly propped his glasses up. "There are too many people out here. Let's talk inside."

Bai Zhou threw him a nasty 'I've nothing to say to them' expression and stomped off.

The chief secretary raised his hand to block Bai Zhou's path and said, "Young master Bai, you have nothing to worry about. You're the only successor to the Bai Family."

The infuriated Bai Zhou threw a punch into the chief secretary's face without any warning, sending the latter's glasses flying across the room.

It stirred a huge commotion, drawing many eyes over.

Bai Zhou shot a deathly glare at the mother and son inside the room before striding off, not paying any heed to the chief secretary.

"Young master Bai," the chief secretary quickly called out to him. "This is your father's will."

Bai Zhou turned his head around and sneered coldly, "I'll call my mother to see what she thinks about this."

"Your mother has already given her consent," the chief secretary said with a hushed voice.

Bai Zhou's face immediately froze up.

"It's a mutually beneficial exchange. You should try to understand it too."

Bai Zhou slowly turned his eyes back into the room. The two people inside had stood up at some point and were currently walking to the doorway.

Bai Zhou didn't even want to look at the woman's face, but he could see the teenage boy standing in front of his mother protectively, warily staring at him like a young beast.

The chief secretary raised his hand to stop the mother and son from walking any further, "You have to stay inside."

"Exchange, you said? That means that my mother also..." murmured Bai Zhou.

The chief secretary didn't refute Bai Zhou's guess. "This will not affect your inheritance. The two of them have already agreed on it."

The term, 'mutually beneficial exchange', left Bai Zhou feeling indescribably queasy. It felt even more disgusting than Cen Xiangyang's smile.

He quietly raised his arm toward the chief secretary.

The chief secretary hesitated for a moment before handing Bai Zhou's phone back to him. "Please calm down a little before you call your parents to talk to them about this matter."

"Talk to them about this matter?" sneered Bai Zhou. "I reckon that they're too busy with their 'mutually beneficial exchange' to even talk about this! I'll find someone else who will come at my beck and call instead."

He tapped into his contacts and scrolled down. He stopped at Ji Xinxin's name for a moment, but in the end, he still chose the name directly above it—Ji Fanyin.

He felt a little nervous when he dialed the number. He was worried that Ji Fanyin's phone was switched off or that another man would accept the call.

But a few seconds later, Ji Fanyin's seemingly unreal voice sounded through the phone, "Yes?"

Bai Zhou was so overwhelmed that he didn't even realize that he had heaved a sigh of relief. "Can we meet now? I'll find you."

"I don't accept last-minute reservations," replied Ji Fanyin heartlessly.

Bai Zhou: "I'll pay you extra."

Ji Fanyin chuckled softly. "Even if it costs tenfold?"

By then, Bai Zhou was already approaching the entrance of the venue, on the verge of leaving the banquet. He halted his footsteps, turned around, and took a look. The door had been closed, but the chief secretary was still standing there, staring at him.