𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟑

The backseat of the limo was awkwardly silent for a moment. Delphina was sitting in between Evie and Carlos, who'd begun fighting with Jay over the wide array of candy in front of them.

Delphina rolled her eyes, plucking a wrapped, blue piece of hard candy out of one of the jars and unwrapped it, placing it in her mouth.

Evie looked over at Mal, examining her face as Mal stared out the window at the passing, broken-down buildings of the Isle.

"You're looking a little washed out. Let me help you out." Evie sighed, pulling out a makeup brush and lifting it to Mal's face, only for her to push Evie's hand away.

"Ew, stop. I'm...plotting." Mal grumbled, pushing a lock of purple hair out of her face.

"Well, it's not very attractive," Evie commented, earning a snort from Delphina. Mal shot the Tremaine girl an annoyed look, then her eyes flickered to Delphina's sword, which she had brought with her and tucked under the limo seat.

"You know they're not gonna let you keep that, right? Or your concerning abundance of knives you have stashed...everywhere." Mal commented, motioning to Delphina's figure.

Mal only knew for certain that Delphina had daggers hidden in her jacket sleeves. There was no telling where the others were. It always seemed like Delphina materialized them out of thin air.

Delphina rolled her eyes, shrugging. "I can say it's a family heirloom strictly for decoration. Auradonians use weapons as interior decor all the time." Mal raised an eyebrow.

"And your daggers?"

"They can't take them if they can't see them."

Evie chuckled at Delphina's sing-song smug tone, looking around the limo for something to entertain herself just as Mal pressed a button on a random remote that lowered the divider and continued to fiddle with it. Evie turned to look through the partition in the limo and paled.

"Guys, look!" The kids all looked over her shoulder and their eyes widened at the sight of the limo heading directly for the jagged edge of the island where the stone bridge used to be. Evie latched onto Delphina, screaming with the rest of her friends as Delphina awkwardly patted Evie's head in comfort, trying to focus on how they were going to get across the bridge. She highly doubted the morally-superior people of Auradon would stoop so low as to drive a group of kids off a bridge.

Delphina spotted the driver press a large red button on a silver remote and a golden bridge shimmered into formation, giving Delphina her answer as a hole in the barrier opened up just enough to get the limo through.

Delphina watched in amazement as the bridge continued to magically construct itself, carrying them across the bridge. Eventually, Evie, Mal, Jay, and Carlos realized they weren't dead and marveled at the bridge as well.

Mal thought for a moment before turning to look at the driver through the limo partition. "Hey!" She tapped the remote a couple of times to get his attention. The driver glanced at her through the rearview mirror, clearly slightly annoyed. "Did this little button just open up the magic barrier?" Mal asked, motioning to the remote in her hands,

Delphina gave her an incredulous look. "Tell me you did not just ask that." She demanded, barely trying to hold back her laugh.

Wasn't Mal's whole shtick that she was cunning with ingenious plans? "Mal, why the hell would they leave the remote to open the barrier in the backseat with the children of five of the most infamous villains in Auradon history?" Mal glared at her, clearly annoyed. Before Mal could retort, the driver spoke up.

"Your friend is right. This button opens up the magic barrier." He held up the silver remote for them to see before setting it down again. "That one opens my garage. And this button..." He pushed a button on the roof of the car and the divider rose again, separating himself from the villain kids.