Chapter 12 : Physical pain

Y/n's POV

Ugh, I hate having to get up so early in the morning. Unfortunately, I have to, Agent Romanoff hates me enough as it is, let's not add a reason to her hate. I honestly don't know what she has against me, I thought she and I were going to be close. Maybe I was just imagining things, it was just my imagination. She was just the interpreter after all.

I found out in a dream that I could speak English but I had just forgotten. It's strange though. It was my father who taught me. My English is not perfect though, that's logical, I'm Russian from the beginning. But I'm doing pretty well. My basic English has helped me to communicate better with the Avengers. I'm very happy about that! And Natasha too I think, she doesn't have to hang out with me anymore. I have to admit that I enjoyed her company even though she was quite cold. There is clearly something wrong but Steve won't tell me anything. Clint wanted to explain but Steve wouldn't let him so I don't think he'll ever try again. Bruce doesn't talk to me at all, he acts like I don't exist. Thor is pretty funny, but he has no idea what's going on, he's lost and completely unaware of the situation. Tony, he can dodge the question so easily. He's good. After all, I prefer to work with him in his lab than to talk about this problem with him. I don't want to distract him (obviously when I say work, it's him who works and I watch him with fascination).

So when I finish getting ready, I have a black legging, a bra also drowned and a sports shirt. I put on my shoes, tie my hair in a ponytail and leave my room to go to the gym. I'm 7 minutes early! I mentally congratulate myself.

When I get to the gym, I see Natasha who is already warming up. She is in leggings and a bra. I had never seen her like that. God, she's so hot!

"Are you going to stand there looking at me for a long time or are you going to start warming up?" asked Natasha suddenly, which snapped me out of my reverie. I opened my eyes wide.

I was looking at her! And she saw me! I felt my face turn red. I don't dare to look at her. It's so embarrassing! I want to dig a hole in the ground and dive in. No, digging the hole would take too much time, I might as well dive into the ground directly... But what am I saying? No but -

"Y/N?!" shouted Natasha suddenly

"Huh? ah... uh.... yes... I'll be right there" I then replied, to which the agent rolled her eyes.

I mentally facepalm myself and start to warm up.

After a few minutes Natasha comes to me and asks me to follow her to the tatami so we can start fighting. What I did, I am a good girl... Oh my god! Who endowed me with such a dirty mind?

"Wouldn't you like to pay attention to what I'm saying for a bit?" asked Romanoff, clearly annoyed by my ability to concentrate, which I think is negative.

I really need to focus! I can't let her intimidate me and I can't let myself go off into thoughts that are so... disconcerting... disturbing... exciting... Raahhh Y/N stop! What are you? A horny teenager or something? You are 20 years old! Grow up! You're really -

BAM

"Ouch...." I whispered then. Did she really just tackle me to the ground? I didn't see it coming, I really need to get out of my head.

"Y/N!!! Will you focus for a bit? This would never have happened if you were a little more serious! I don't want to be here with you so if we could just get this over with as soon as possible that would be great! I have other things to do that are much more important than spending time with you, everything is more important than this..." Natasha said to me in Russian, whispering the end, but I heard it anyway. Ouch I thought then, and not for my fall that I just made but for her words.