Work

My hair was soaking by the time Namjoon had opened the door, a weary look on his face as he stepped aside. With one last wave to JB, I sauntered inside, shaking the droplets from any crevice of my body. The bag in my hand was swung carelessly onto the dresser as I peeled off the blazer, pulling the blouse off my skin. Guess I should take umbrellas out with me more often.

" I said stay out, are you stupid!" The voice had echoed further down the house, one recognizable and prone to anger issues.

Namjoon had tried to say something as I sprinted down the hallway, towards the source of the noise. The shoes squelched with each passing step, the occasional squeak as my foot would slip in momentum. At the far end of the hall stood the cowering figure of Hoseok, his body shivering spluttering words unrecognizable to my ears.

" Hoseok!" His head snapped up towards me, ears pinned back and tears pricking his eyes. He sprinted at me, water spluttering down his cheeks as he plummeted into my chest. His head buried itself in my neck and I ran my hand through his hair, gently patting his back with my sandwiched arm. " Sweetie, what's wrong?"

" I'm so-" He hiccupped, digging his head further in my neck. " I'm so sorry, please don't hurt me."

I gasped slightly, tightening my grip on his shivering body. It would take no genius to know this boy was scared, no, terrified at that and only one person has that effect on hybrids. Yoongi; stomped down the hall eyebrows furrowed as he pointed at Hoseok.

" Keep him out of the office, it's locked for a reason." Yoongi hissed baring his teeth before storming into the office. The door slammed behind him, the photographs on the wall shaking in his anger.

Hoseok shivered into my grasp, his tears soaking my shoulder as I pat his head gently eyes still on my father's polished oak door. Yoongi was protective of that office, even now after fifteen years, it was heartwarming, to say the least. With a sigh I led the hybrid back into the kitchen, passing a fretting Namjoon who eyed the poor boy in my arms.

Jungkook was the first one to rise from the sofa, his nose scrunched up in disgust as he led his elder to the sofa. I gave a small smile to the boy, gently stroking Hoseok's hair as he fell into a heap onto the chair. It only took a moment until Jin sprinted out of the kitchen, a warm mug between his hands, cautiously handing the object to his shivering younger. From the smell, it was obviously milk, something that seemed to bring more tears to Hoseok's eyes.

The three younger hybrids made their way to the arm of the chair, peppering Hoseok with affection and solemn whispers that I couldn't quite identify. It was only about ten minutes later when Hoseok's sniffling came to a erupt stop, instead of alternating into a light snore. I smiled softly, the three boys gently prying themselves away from their sleeping friend before placing one of the stray blankets across his lap.

" Maybe we should go to the kitchen?" I insinuated with a nod of their head, Namjoon nodded, carefully dragging Taehyung and Jimin behind him as the rest trailed behind.

The five boys positioned themselves around the table, Jungkook helping himself to a tangerine in the fruit bowl and Jin taking a sip of water from a glass. The silence was almost stiffening, almost. I sighed softly, massaging my forehead with my good hand.

" Should I sign Hoseok up for a therapist?" The question left my mouth faster than I had contemplated, only to be met with five sets of blinking eyes. Did they not know what a therapist was? Did they just want to let me decide? The silence was awfully triggering.

" I don't think Hobi would like that very much." Jin coughed slightly, scratching the back of his neck. I cocked my head slightly at his words.

" How come, if you don't mind me asking." The poor boy had obviously gone through trauma throughout his childhood, it was something he had made clear to me he wanted to surpass, but I couldn't help but think there was more involved, something that a therapist could help pinpoint and work him through.

" Well, Hoseok doesn't like talking about himself, he's the one that probably keeps the most secrets out of the six of us. As much as I want him to get help, I don't think he'll be so accepting of your offer." I noticed the slight nervousness in Jin's voice as he elaborated like there was something he was holding back on saying. As much as I wanted to insist I kept my mouth closed, instead of settling for a banana to hold back questioning.

I worked with hybrids like Hoseok, a lot more times than I cared to admit. All of them with the same look of fear and hopelessness, all of them shivering with reminders of the past. Many hybrids passed by my care that I couldn't help, and that's what hurt the most; being unable to rehabilitate the ones that suffered the most, being the one that caused them to relive that pain In the one place that was supposed to be safe.

" Do you guys wanna order Pizza?" Taehyung already had the phone in his hands before I managed to finish the question, a boxy smile present as he clicked on the speed dial.

Namjoon chuckled, sending a glance my way to which he earned a small smile of recognition before he trailed out the room.