"That's enough, Ada." Arthur pushed her through the castle doors. "Good night, Merlin. We'll see you in the morning."

"Bye Merlin," Adeline waved with a wink. "You, my prince, are no fun. I think the first tale I will tell him is the time I caught you running around the horse stable naked-"

"You will do no such thing!"

"Try me, Pendragon," she challenged, a smirk plastered on her face.

"Calm down, children," Mary laughed at the couple as the group reconvened inside the castle. "My word, it's like no time has passed you at all."

"It seems like only yesterday, they were running through the halls while we were discussing battle tactics," Uther chuckled. "But my son is correct, you all must be very tired from your journey. Dinner is already served in your rooms, and the servants will bring up your belongings. Sleep well, my friends. Tomorrow, the festivities begin."

"Yay!" The two youngest Dartmouth children exclaimed, raising their fists in the air.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Uther," Richard said. "Come Anna and Nicolas, we will show you to your room. Jonathan, Adeline, you remember where your rooms are located?"

"Of course, father," Jonathan nodded. "This place is hard to forget."

"I will take good care of Adeline," Arthur grabbed a hold of the princess's hand. "We will see you in the great hall for breakfast."

"I'm sure you will, Arthur," Richard said. "Good night, children."

The dark-haired princess grinned once she entered the room she all but grew up in. The deep red, four-poster bed was a very welcoming sight for her aching muscles. The fireplace was light, right beside her favorite alcove of dozens of books along the far wall. A warm plate of chicken and vegetables sat on the small table just to the side of the door. Thank goodness for that. She was starving!

"It's just as I remember it," Adeline smiled, spinning her heel to face Arthur. "Thank you."

"You are most welcome, Ada," Arthur smiled back in return, taking her hands into his. "I'm sure you'd like to get some rest, but if you need anything, you know where to find me."

"Good night, Arthur," she smiled sweetly at him. "It really is good to see you again. I look forward to us catching up over the next couple of weeks."

"There's nothing I look forward to more."

"Not even the jousting tournament?" Adeline asked.

"Not even that," Arthur squeezed their clasped hands tightly. "Good night, Ada. Sweet dreams."

Once Arthur was gone, Adeline let out a loud sigh.

What.

A.

Day.

She promptly kicked off her riding boots then scarfed down her meal in a very unlady-like fashion. It was just what Adeline needed after her long, strenuous day. But the best part, and most looked-forward to part, was changing out of her riding attire, into her night dress, and hopping into the cozy bed. The moment her head hit the pillow, she was out like a light.

*****

Hello and welcome to my Merlin story.

This story is an AU. Some details are the same from the television series, but there are also major parts I have changed to make the story a bit more entertaining and original. Mainly, the names of kingdoms, who rule them, etc. You'll be able to figure that out as the story progresses. 

I welcome all kinds of feedback. 

If you like a part of the story or hate a part of the story, leave me some comments/reviews. 

Thanks for reading! 

If you are a visual person, this is what I picture the Dartmouth family to look like.