"Please daddy, that would make me feel a lot better," I was so glad to have heard him say that, "I promise I'll go along with mom for my birthday this year."

"Go. I love you kiddo."

"I love you too daddy." And with that I got back onto Fidi's back and hugged him. I hugged him for the entire flight, not even looking down once. I could never replace the feeling of freedom and pure happiness that I had when I was with him.

The rest of my week had been spent in my room with my mom planning for my birthday. There were cake tastings, band samplings, and even multiple venues to discuss. If I didn't know any better I would think that I was planning a wedding. But finally the planning was over and I was standing in my room, wearing that beautiful red dress. My mom had done my hair up with curls spilling out and I wore a thin silver chain around my neck. Ark came in wearing his tuxedo, he had cut his hair and it was once again short and tidy. He was to be my escort to the party. We walked, but the entire way I could sense Fidi flying nearby, he was nervous and I couldn't figure out why.

"You look beautiful in red Luna." My brother's words surprised me, because he never complimented me, "It's just that you never wear red, it suits you. Just like you and Fidi are perfect for each other."

"Thanks Ark, You look quite dashing yourself." We continued our walk in silence. The night air was cool on my shoulders and the moon shone brightly, giving the entire landscape a snowy appearance.

The building that held my party only had three complete walls, what would've been the fourth wall was a giant opening to a large balcony overlooking the tribe. On the edge of this balcony is where I planned to spend most of my time just in case a hasty exit became necessary. My brother walked me to the entrance and I was announced. "Lady Luna Pierce, daughter of Marcus Pierce, our most loyal advisor to the Iget." the announcer said it stiffly and bowed to me as I strode past. Three paces past him, I curtsied to the room with my brother on my arm the entire time. We made it to the balcony and he slipped away from me and disappeared into the crowd after whispering something into my ear that I couldn't understand. I was alone, or as alone as someone in a crowded room could be. A light-haired boy I knew from my class was approaching me, he had grey eyes and had always called Fidi "the cursed one" because of his color. I wanted to avoid this kid, but he reached me before I could do anything.

"So you have definitely grown into your skin," he began in a low tone that sounded hungry, "you look gorgeous tonight." He eyed me up and down, clearly pausing to stare at my breasts. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes.

"You are just as much of a worm as you were in school Dennis," I said calmly and slowly, looking him straight in the eye, "leave me alone." With that I turned and headed for the edge of the balcony, I could feel Fidi was nearby and I could now barely see through the images he was sending me.

"Help me Luna, I don't know what is happening to me." The voice was so loud that I heard it over everything around me, but when I looked around no one else seemed to have noticed it. "Luna, help!" I turned frantically in a circle and couldn't pinpoint where the voice was coming from, for it seemed to come from everywhere. I needed to get out of here. I spread my awareness out and searched for Fidi. He was under the balcony, almost directly below me. I began to pick up my pace when I felt a hand grab my wrist and spin me around. It was Dennis. He had slid his other hand around my waist and pressed his body against mine. Every fiber of my body wanted to break every bone in his. Including the one that was pressed hard against my stomach. However, it took all of my strength to simply keep my eyes open. I could barely move.

"I know you want me." He was whispering other disgusting things I'm sure, but I couldn't hear them over the voice calling for my help over and over. Dennis flew across the room in a gust of wind as I collapsed. All I could do was watch as my brother threw the creep out of the party with a second, well aimed gust of wind.

"I knew that worm was no good," he began as he turned towards me, "I told mom not to invite him."

"What the hell was..." before I could finish I heard the voice again.

"Luna. It hurts, my skin burns."

"What's wrong Luna, did he hurt you? My brother demanded. He picked me up off the floor and helped me stand.

"I'm fine, but you can't hear that voice?"

"What voice?" Ark looked around, confused.

"I need to find Fidi, I think he's in trouble." I started stumbling towards the edge of the balcony and rolling over it I yelled "please cover for me with mom!" Then I started churning the air to slow my fall. After a rough landing that sent waves of pain into my side, I turned around to see Fidi writhing in pain. No words could come and all I could do was search his body for wounds, but there were none.

"I don't know what is wrong, everything just hurts." It was the voice, but it seemed to be Fidi. But that's impossible, because dragons can only send images. No dragon has ever been recorded actually sending words telepathically.

"What do you mean everything hurts?" Fidi's eyes opened and he stared directly at me. Can you understand me? I was almost too shocked to say anything. "It's all that I can hear..." was all that seemed to escape. Do you know what's happening? It was then that I noticed his extremities were quickly disappearing. "Fidi, you're fading away! What's happening?" I reached for his missing tail expecting empty air but collided with the strong muscled flesh I knew so well. I put my hand behind his tail and it too disappeared. "Fidi, your tail is invisible." I rocked back onto my heels. What do we do? His eyes looked so worried and I wished that I could give him an answer, but I had no idea what was happening. He was now almost completely invisible with only his head remaining. "Well you are completely invisible now bud, is anything different?" I dearly hoped he wouldn't be stuck like this. Well I don't hurt anymore. Well that was something. "Can you try changing back?" I stared at where his eyes used to be and waited. Then I saw them again, in a flash he was back in all his bright red glory looking excited and no longer in so much pain. "Can you control it at all?" He stared at the ground and seemed to focus for a second but then disappeared once more. Yes. Yes I can control it! We could go anywhere now. Together. He reappeared and looked at me, his black eyes piercing my heart. Tears started running down my cheeks. I can finally meet Lily. Ark is coming, but be careful I think he is mad.

"Luna! Where are you?" I heard Ark yelling from a distance. I really didn't want to go back to that party. I could easily escape with Fidi's new power.

"Okay bud, we need to be careful with this information. Please pretend to be hurt or something so Ark believes that I came out here for you." I pleaded with my dragon. You did come out here for me, I had a thorn in my foot and you got it out. I wouldn't leave you alone. "Thanks bud, you're the best" I whispered quickly before Ark reached us. He looked like he wanted to yell at someone, most likely me. I quickly got out my story and asked him if I could go home.

"Well yeah I guess you can go home, after all I don't really care if you're at this party."

"Thank you." I then rushed to Fidi and climbed onto his back. We slunk past my brother and took off towards home. "Fidi." Yes? "I don't want to go home, would you mind turning invisible and taking me to the hideout that Lily and I built?" I guess, just help me find it. I sighed with relief. "You got it buddy." The dragon beneath me disappeared and I saw nothing but land below, I can only hope that I am invisible as well. We arrived at the cave in minutes and he shot through the entrance with amazing precision. "Let's sleep here tonight." I said and Fidi simply reappeared and curled up in a corner. Well, come here. The words appeared in my head and I couldn't have been happier. I walked over to where he was and got on top of him, fitting perfectly under one of his wings, it was still warm from flight. "Thank you Fidi," I said quietly as I fell asleep. You know I would do anything for you. Those were the last words I heard before I faded out of consciousness.