Chapter 17

Goggles has started to make his way to the statue's right arm, he believed it would have been a good amount away from everyone.

He had barely started climbing when he heard someone shout. The inkling turns around to see many octarians flying towards everyone else.

Rider had started to fight off the many octarians, shouting at everyone else to keep painting. Goggles had instead made his way to the other inkling.

"Rider!"

The dynamo wielder spun around to see Goggles running towards him. He quickly came to a stope in front of the taller inkling.

"Let me take care of the octarians! You go help the others ink the statue!"

"No, I got this. You go back to where you were."

"I wasn't suggesting, I am telling you to go help the others."

Rider slightly flinched at the harsh tone. His expression conveyed many emotions in the span of a second. He merely nodded as he hurried to the arm Goggles was originally heading towards.

The now pink inkling started to quickly defeat many of the attacking octarians. Looking back every once in a while, making sure no Octarians would fly over to where his friends were.

Marina had started to drop some of the bombs. The first group landing on the chest of the statue. Those were easily detonated by Specs and Headphones.

After a couple more seconds the second batch came in. Hachi hopped on an ink rail and quickly detonated the bombs on the back.

The octoling idol continued working in the next batch. The stream of Octarians began to decrease, leaving Goggles slightly confused. He turned towards the few remaining Octarians and quickly splatted them.

With nothing to do the inkling attempted to ink pieces of the statue near him. He heard the bombs fall and land. Hachi jumped from the rail he was on to another that circled the right arm.

Goggles looked up. The only area that needed ink now was the head. Marina began talking over his communicator, they had a little over a minute left.

The inkling walks around the statue, wildly looking around. The lack of Octarians unnerves him. Marina's last batch of bombs were still being prepared.

The too familiar static filled voice rang through the air. All of Goggles' attention was focused on the phone. He barely had time to process what was going on before Tartar uttered a simple word.

"Now."

A blurred figure jumped from the top of the statue. They landed in front of Goggles, although they were a good distance away.

The boy blinked once, twice, three times before his heart sank. His hands quivered slightly as he gripped his splattershot.

The figure took a fighting stance as they held their slosher with terrifying confidence. Their eyes seemed to glint in the sunlight. A new addition was added to their attire.

A pair of goggles which the inkling recognized as the ones the Octolings wore. Only this was the older versions he remembered.

He didn't realize it but everyone's attention had turned to the pair facing each other.

Goggles gulped before getting into a fighting stance himself. If he was going to fight, he would make sure he saved her.

All other noises began to drown out as he looked dead ahead. The distinctive sound of bombs whizzing by barely registered.

"Bobble, I won't fail this time."

I LIIIIIIIIVE- somewhat

I'm so sorry this took a long time. I lost inspiration for this story for the longest time and it was hard to pick it up again.

Fortunately I have found enough motivation to quickly finish this chapter and post it :D

What does this mean for future updates? I got no fucking clue to be honest. I will try to work out a schedule but I'm not sure how long it'll be until the possible schedule collapses.

Anyway the whole story is planned out so I'm not developing the story as I go thankfully.

Again so sorry, schools been wack lately. I'm hardcore failing my math class rn and apparently my grades really count for this year so yayyyyyy-

Chapters might come out faster but don't hope too hard on that tho, I'll try to get them out as soon as I can.

So yeah all that's really left is I'll have to see how this goes, I do plan on completing this story so there's that.

Have a nice day and sorry once more for the long ass wait.