O13

"Is it like this?" Aren questioned before repeating the moves you did earlier.

You watched carefully, judging every step he made. "Aaahhh, nooo." You held Aren's hand and angled it, slightly tilting it to the right. "Like that and.." you swung his hand before releasing it, "..swoosh!"

"I get it now, thank you!" The male bowed politely before rubbing the nape of his neck. In fact, he didn't get it. He was too shy to ask you to do it again.

"Aren-kun, now that you've mastered throwing, let's try catching." You smiled, making the man blush slightly. "It's good to be flexible, you know?" You added, playing with a strand of your hair.

"Yo, Saiki!" Aren greeted. "Oh! Saiki, you're here!" Your eyes lit up the moment you saw him. "Can you help me teach Aren-kun?" You questioned, pointing at the dark purple-haired who was standing beside you.

Kusuo nodded yes as you felt a smile tug in the corner of your lips.

"Great! All you have to do is throw the ball at him and Aren, as for you, all you have to do is catch, okay?" You explained, handing a glove at the ex-delinquent and a ball along with a bat at the psychic.

You walked a few steps back before shouting, "go!" Only now you've noticed Kusuo was more annoyed than usual. You watched as he threw the ball at Aren, putting in a lot of effort. The ball was faster than its typical speed, causing no time for Aren to react.

And so, the ball ended up hitting Aren on the face. "My bad." Kusuo let out a scoff sarcastically, watching Aren's bleeding nose.

"Wait!" You hurriedly made your way to the dark purple-haired, cupping his face to make him face you.

You grabbed your handkerchief that was in your skirt's pocket and wiped the blood. "Are you okay?" You questioned. The tone of your voice somewhat indicated that you're concerned.

"Yes, Saiki is just good at throwing. Haha, that caught me off guard!" Although Aren was laughing, he sounded dejected on the inside. 'I'm not that weak, am I?'

'Isn't he going to apologize?' You gulped, glancing at Kusuo as you glared daggers at him.

The pink-haired simply rolled his eyes before placing the bat on the ground. With that, he walked away. Your mouth gape in shock, too stunned at his actions.

"I'll take you to the infirmary. Come on," You muttered at Aren, who was just smiling sheepishly.

"No need, this is nothing." He responded, reassuring you with a thumbs up.

You felt guilty and responsible. You were wondering why Kusuo was acting like that. "Really, [ surname ]. I'm okay. This is nothing compared to the bruise I had back then." He added, patting your head the same way he does.

Although there was no spark, Aren's hand was cold, unlike Kusuo's.

'Crap! Speaking of him.' Your eyes widened in realization as you shoved Aren's hand. "I'll see you later!" You bid your goodbye as you ran after the pink-haired.

"Heh, teenage love." The ex-delinquent mumbled to himself as he watched you trip from time to time. Since you were too far away, you didn't hear him utter those words for which he was grateful.

Aren knew that look in Kusuo's eyes. Even though the delinquent had never felt love to someone before, he could quickly tell from the pink-haired's eyes that he was jealous. He saw that look back then from other people who envied him.

     "Saiki!" You shouted, looking around his classroom only to find no one. "Shit, he's not here." You grumbled, anxiously biting your nails.

"Maybe he already went home?" You let out a sigh, harshly rubbing your hair. It was dismissal time a few hours ago since you started tutoring Aren. You told Kusuo you couldn't walk with him today, but you weren't expecting him to wait for you.

You were searching for a whole thirty minutes now. You already looked around the campus, not even a sign of Kusuo's presence appeared.

Your eyes widened as your feet started moving on their own, leading you to somewhere. You reached the stairs as you took step by step until you got to the rooftop—the place where Kusuo almost kissed you on the lips during the School Festival.

You pulled the rooftop door open, ignoring the 'No Students Allowed' sign before shouting, "Saiki!"

Your lips curved upward into a smirk that turned into a smile, then later on a giggle. "You're here!" He was leaning on the rooftop railing, he was holding his bag. You happily made your way to him before grabbing his wrist.

"What do you want?" He squinted his eyes as he questioned.

"You waited for me because we'll walk home together, right?" You grinned, dragging him outside the rooftop.

"..No," he bitterly replied. "I was going to walk home with someone else," he added, making you scoff that turn into a hysterical giggle.

"Tell that bitch— I mean, person that you will be walking by my side until the afterlife." You gave him a smile. A yandere-ish smile that sent shivers down his spine.

"Good grief, [ surname ]. I was joking," He gulped before intertwining his hand with yours. Simple actions from him made you blush.

You hated it. He was giving you mixed signals.

Were you really just a friend to him?

"Mhmm, whatever. Apologize to Aren, though. You made his nose bleed!" You exclaimed, tightly gripping onto his hand.

Kusuo returned the same action, making you yelp before replying a simple, "Fine, tomorrow."