OO2

It's finally dismissal time. Well, for Kusuo, at least. Everyone left an hour ago, but he had to stay for a while since his cleaning duty was today. As Kusuo was on his way to the school gates, a tick suddenly stopped him from walking any further.

Someone is about to die in 13 minutes. The voice inside his head stated, making him alert. The first thing that came to his mind was the rooftop.

He looked around, checking if there was no one in sight, before teleporting to the destined place. He appeared in front of the rooftop entrance. He pulled the iron door open, the cold breeze of air kissing his face. He glanced around and saw you, casually eating chocolate.

'Oh, it's just her.' He scoffed at himself before taking a step back to leave.

"Hey, Saiki! You're here." You called, making your way to him. 'I wonder if he likes chocolate.' He heard you thought to yourself. Maybe he can spare you another time like what he did on Wednesday when you confessed.

12 minutes.

"Do you want some chocolate?" You offered, handing him a bar of dark chocolates. Kusuo, of course, being the sweet-lover he is, gladly took it. He bowed in thanks before putting the sweet delicacy in his mouth and chewing on it.

Once he heard a flashing sound, he immediately stopped and looked at you, giving you a 'what?' look. "You look so cute while eating chocolate! Here, eat more." She beamed, getting her phone ready for another shot.

11 minutes.

As you handed him the paper bag of chocolates, he gladly accepted it and looked at it in awe. Your breathing suddenly got heavy, completely forgetting about your mental state.

"Sorry, Saiki, I have to go now." You gave him an apologetic look before making your way downstairs.

Kusuo only gave you a questionable look, trying to solve the situation. 'Is it her that is going to die?' He frowned.

'She's eating chocolates. Looking back at her thoughts, she seemed eager to give it to someone because she can't just simply throw it away.' He pondered, a hand holding his chin.

10 minutes.

'She's allergic to dark chocolates.' Was his final conclusion. He checked his backpack to look for his water jug before running after you.

"Idiot, drink this." He demanded telepathically after seeing you leaning on the pillar near your classroom. You looked down at his hand, seeing him offering you his water jug.

You scoffed, which immediately turned into a giggle. "It's not like I'm going to die, alright? I don't want others to worry about me-"

You continued to rant, which made him visibly annoyed. Your thoughts were saying something else. 'I'm about to die because of the chocolates, but I don't want to be a burden to everyone.'

9 minutes.

Kusuo mentally tsk'ed at your way of thinking. You're dying because of the chocolates, and yet you're still thinking about everyone.

"Don't make me force this thing down your throat." Kusuo threatened, harshly shoving his water jug on your chest. You were about to protest, but it's Kusuo Saiki we're talking about. You shivered under his gaze before finally accepting.

"Thank you," you muttered, taking the grey jug that looked so plain. Not that you mind, but you noticed everything about him is basic. 'Is he trying to be average?' You mentally snickered before removing the container of the jug.

'I should've let you die.' He breathed out a deep sigh, rolling his eyes.

8 minutes.

Your lips made contact with the iron steel as you realized something. 'Indirect kiss. With. My crush.' You blushed at the thought before acting normal once again.

'Good grief, it's not the time to think about that.'

As your throat was refreshed by the water, Kusuo took this as the opportunity to heal you. He grabbed your shoulder and acted like he was patting it.

Death prevented.

"Huh?" Your mouth left contact with his jug and looked at Kusuo then back at the jug. "I suddenly feel better now." You spoke, giving him a close-eyed smile.

"I'm really sorry. I may have troubled you." You bowed, returning him his water jug. "I was stress eating, and I completely forgot about my allergies. Thankfully, you came." You added, trying to sound sincere in the best way you can.

"It's nothing." He responded dryly, making you pout. "Ooh, speaking of, I have a 50% coupon at the cafe nearby. Would you like to accompany me?" You offered, checking your backpack just in case he asked for proof.

"And what would I benefit with that?" He asked, raising a brow.

"Um, well, I'll pay, and you can have this coupon after." You smiled, trying to ease his mood before showing him the coupon. "Its expiration date is... Next year in February. You can take your girlfriend out with these." As you continued to bribe, Kusuo found your reasoning useless.

'First of all, I don't have a girlfriend. She wanted me to say that out loud just to know if I'm single, huh.' He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"If you think you can buy my time using sweets," he paused for a second, his eyebrows forming into a frown. "You're absolutely right," he added, smirking.

The 'date' went by smoothly. Kusuo was now walking you home. Not really. He was just following you since you still haven't given him the coupon.

The two of you stopped in front of a modern-looking gate. You turned around to face him, "thank you for walking me home." You bowed in respect. With that, you grabbed your bag to hand him the coupon.

He swiftly accepted it with a smile on his face-a creepy one, which made you laugh. "See you on Monday!" you smiled before pushing the black gates open. Kusuo waited until you entered your house before teleporting away.

Once he made sure you were gone, with a blink of an eye, he appeared in his own room. 'Good grief, what a tiring day it is.' He thought, but then a smile unconsciously crept on his face.