𝐧 𝐢 𝐧 𝐞

09 | Zara

Zara placed her thick sunglasses upon her slightly pointed nose the second she stepped out of the airplane and into the Mexican sun.

Everybody in Central America knew they were to be landing at five o'clock in the evening at gate B30.  Everybody knew that the four elites were in Mexico, and everybody wanted to be there.

And boy were they there.  Cameras flashed from all angles as Zara strutted towards the fancy SUV, ignoring everyone around her.

Right foot.

Left foot.

Right foot.

Dazzling smile.

Left foot.

Throw hair off shoulder.

Right foot.

Left foot.

Pause and let them take photos of a stationary figure.

Resume power walk.

It was moments like these where she felt completely in control.  Zara knew what images would be posted on the internet about her tonight.  She knew what she looked like in those tiny camera images.  She knew it all.

She knew how the humid weather would add volume to her hair and the scorching sun would add a shade to her skin. 

She knew everything except for that tension in her stomach every time she looked at Kaspian.  It felt like something was flying around in her stomach trying to get out.

Not something wild like an eagle or bat.  No these were something soft and delicate... perhaps like a butterfly.

"Miss Zara," one reporter yelled, "have you found a relationship yet?"

"Nox Toussaint over here! Are you dating Mackenzie Rousseau?"

"Zara Delcour! When will you be talking about your most recent ploy."

"Kaspian when will you tell Zara you love her!"

At that comment, Zara froze and stared straight at the man that asked that question.  This was the one time in her entire life she had no idea how she looked toward the cameras.  She had no idea what story they would type upon her.

She didn't know anything except what that man had shouted.

He... he loves me? 

The thought ran through her brain at rapid speed.  She couldn't shut it down, despite knowing that everything that spewed out of reporters' mouths was quite often so far from the truth.

Yet why did this comment freeze her up like a block of ice?

Could what she was feeling be close to love?

The more she mulled it over as Nox guided her towards the black escalade waiting for them, the more it sounded right.

Maybe she could love Kaspian Auclair.