Knock-Up Stream//Chapter 73

Start from the beginning

Faythe smacked him in the head, "No, it's the afternoon! Come on, we're meeting more bird people!" With that she followed Luffy in the excitement.

"Everyone get ready! Set the rudder up for the clouds! Thanks for telling us, mister!" Luffy ordered.

Nami came flying out of nowhere and punched the living hell out of Usopp and Luffy, "How many times do I have to tell you that we don't know HOW to do that!?"

Cricket looked down in all seriousness, "Now this is the crucial part. Let me warn you beforehand, that you'll have to risk your lives."

"We're already half-dead..." Usopp and Luffy croaked out weakly. Faythe was behind them wheezing, all the more unaffected by Nami's wrath.

"'Know-up Stream.' If you can ride that, it'll take you to the sky, understand?"

The crew sat back down in their respected spots, shocked.

"What..!? You mean the stream that knocks ships up into the air!?" Nami elaborated.

Luffy full on started laughing, "Oh, so all we have to do is get ourselves blasted up into the clouds! Hahahahahaha!"

Faythe started laughing as well, "The Merry is gonna start flying today! YAY! Hahahahaha!"

Usopp was just more confused on how they get blasted up, "By a sea current?"

"But I heard that's how ships come crashing down from the sky... At Mocktown..." Nami inquired nervously.

Faythe shrugged, "Ain't like any of em' didn't deserve it." She was then smacked in the head by Usopp.

"Not now!"

Cricket waved off Faythe's comment, "Normlly, yes. The key point here is timing. Of course, it sounds simple when I say you'll be 'riding the stream', but it sure as hell ain't gonna be picnic, that's for sure." Shrugging he locked eyes with Luffy, "After all, the knock-up stream is... A Natural Calamity. An event one normally wishes to desperately avoid."

A trail of sweat fell down Usopp's cheek.

Nami sat up attentively, "Just how does a stream even travel up into the air anyways? I've never even heard of such a thing until recently..."

A smirk grew on Cricket's face, "Even the workings behind that monster of a stream, aren't beyond the realms of logic. Though of course, there isn't anyone dumb enough to go and confirm the facts.." He looked off to the side thinking, "But the main theory goes like this. Deep below the ocean floor, there's a large cave, to which low-temperature water flows inside. The steam pressure caused by the intense geothermal het builds and builds up, until a limit is reached and it comes exploding out."

Faythe sat back, pulling out her notebook. Luffy glanced at her, seeing her scrawl down the paper, her pen moving in a blur as she wrote down his theory. A smile lit up his face as he turned his attention back to Cricket.

"An explosion of such scale that it knocks up a volume of water so large as to make it look like an ocean current heading straight up into the sky. For about a minute, the ocean water continues to jet up into the sky."

"WAIT-!" Faythe choked bit as she processed the information, "A FULL MINUTE!? HOLY SHIT!"

Nami stood up right after, "The water shoots for a full minute...? Just how big is this explosion!?"

Usopp was already shaking in his boots, "So we're gonna get blasted to bits...?"

Faythe hooked an arm around Usopp, a grin lighting up her face, "Hell ya we are. ALL THE WAY UP TO SKY ISLAND!" Luffy cheered in happiley.