A Conversation by The Sea

Start from the beginning

But regardless of the reason, I was excited to settle in- to fit in.

Positioning myself Infront of a lengthy mirror in the far side of the room, I took notice of my now well-groomed appearance. A light blue blouse with white layering around the cleavage complimenting the bright white bell bottoms that outlined my figure.

It wasn't necessarily my style; in fact, it wasn't anywhere near my usual style, but I was incredibly grateful for the borrowed clothing.

I felt a tad silly dressed so differently. I wasn't much used to the more preppy, well-dressed styles I often noticed the upper class wearing.

Picking up my previous clothing from the floor, I pat down the pants for my vision.

Unfortunately, my ear still hadn't fully healed yet, so it was out of the question to continue wearing it as an accessory.

Thanks a lot Scaramouche.

Pulling the shiny silver from my pant pocket, I scanned it for imperfections.

I didn't want to create a ruckus on my first day here, so It'd be better to leave it here, right?

But what if something bad happens?

Nothing bad would happen, I would have Thoma with me.

I paused.

I couldn't help but remember how horribly it'd gone the one day I wasn't fully prepared, images of the golden house and its corresponding events dawning at that back of my head.

But an event like that was unlikely to happen again... right?

You're being paranoid, the rational part of my brain reinforced.

Paranoid, I'm just being paranoid.

"Miss Y/n it's time to get going!" Thoma called from the head of the shop, his sweet voice laced with excitement.

He seemed to be looking forward to today just as much as myself, if not more.

My head perked toward the door, my fingers still fumbling with the cold metal.

"Coming!"

I paused momentarily once more before shoving the small crest into the pocket of my silken white pants.

Paranoia or not, I didn't have a full grasp of my surroundings just yet, it would be safer to take it in case anything was to go wrong.

Ripping myself away from anymore hesitation, I started out the door, meeting Thoma's smiley face at the entrance of the teashop.

"Ready to head out?"

"Yes sir," I saluted playfully.

Sunshine poured through the cracks of the door, until finally engulfing the floor at my feet with the swing of the creaky door.

Following Thoma outside I was greeted with hanging clouds just below an ever-blue sky, the rapid winds blowing the white fluffs past the rising sun.

"So, where to first?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days after being summoned to Liyue, the tsarita returned back to Snezhnaya, leaving Scaramouche and Childe to search high and low for any sign of the missing girl.

Nearly two weeks of investigating had passed, both harbingers noticeably distraught in their lack of evidence concerning y/n's whereabouts.

-