Avery's mind had immediately flown to what other kinds of heavy lifting he could do. He was sinfully attractive, and just old enough to appeal to his daddy issues. He was weak, probably dumb, but hey self-awareness is the important part, right? With his heart racing and cock twitching in his pants, he took Elias's phone number and skedaddled--straight into his bathroom so that he could try to freeze his erection into pliancy. It sort of worked. For the moment, at least. 

Things continued on as normal. He had his hookups and had his morning meetups with Elias at his mailbox, and gradually Elias got closer to him. Avery began to pick out little things he did--his eyebrow twitched when a car drove past them, his eyes seemed to stay forever moving around and taking in the scenery around him. He got fidgety if someone walked up behind him, and seemed to be on constant high alert. It was then that Avery realized that every morning the time he spent talking to Elias had grown--and he found himself waiting in anticipation for his arrival every day. It became routine--something that happened like clockwork. Every single day. For two years consecutively. 

And then he overslept. After two years of being up before five so that he could get ready for work and then get his mail, he over-fucking slept. Over-slept so much, in fact, that his boss had called him seven times and had no doubt left an array of angry messages on his voicemail. Avery hauled himself up, resting his weight on his palms, and tried to shake off the groggy feeling in his head, somewhat confused. What the hell happened? 

He'd never overslept this much in his life. He felt foggy as if he'd just woken up from a fever-dream and nothing made sense. He shook his head and pressed his hand to his forehead. He really didn't feel good. He reached over to his bedside table and grabbed his phone off of the table, deciding that he had to face the music. After listening to four angry voicemails all from his manager, he was surprised to hear Elias's voice coming through the speaker of his phone.

Hey... are ya okay? I sent off that weird dude who you were fighting with, but you seemed weird when you left, and then you didn't show up this morning to get your mail. If I upset you by stepping in, I apologize, but you seemed to want him to leave you alone. Uh, anyway, let- 

Before he could hear the rest of the message, he heard a knock on his door. Avery groaned and rubbed his eyes, trying to pull himself up out of the bed. He felt heavy, really heavy. Ugh, he groaned to himself as he managed to get up onto his feet and stumble over to the bedroom door. A wave of dizziness washed over him and he clutched onto the door jamb for a second before gaining his footing and carrying on in his walk to the door, trailing his hand along the wall for stability. Another knock sounded, this one a little louder. 

"I-I'm coming," He called, staggering a bit as he walked towards the door, narrowly catching himself before he managed to fall on his bookshelf. Luckily the thing weighed more than him or he probably would've fallen. He managed to get to the door and pulled it open, clenching his eyes as the sun shined in his face and he reached his arm up to block it from his sight quickly. A pang shot through his head and he furrowed his eyebrows together. He felt weird. 

"Avery, are you okay?" Elias asked, and Avery blinked, trying to focus his eyes on Elias. But he was dizzy, lightheaded, or something. He was confused. Really confused. Everything sounded kind of far away.

"I-I think so," He said, tightening his grip around the door a little and swallowing, suddenly realizing his mouth was as dry as the Sahara desert. "I just... I just got up so I... I was going to call you in a few minutes once I fully woke up." He said, and shivered a little, wrapping one of his arms around himself.