CHAPTER 46. You Don't Own Me

Start from the beginning

I let out a small cry. "This is why you're losing me!" I threw my hands into the air.

"Well I can't help but want to control you, tame you, how can I not? Do you have any idea what you do to us, me, when you act so recklessly?" River demanded, taking three angry steps towards me.

I touched my chest, heart pounding as I leaned forward. "Well you can't tame me, and this is who I am. I've always been this way, and I don't intend to change for anyone." I told him.

I hissed as River grabbed my arms and tugged me closer to him, bending down so our noses touched as we gazed angrily at one another. "I can't fucking believe you," River growled.

"Kiss my ass River, if I can't have the freedom I need-"

"You're so selfish," River interrupted, eyes red. "Am I not allowed be to worried when you run off to see meet strange wolves on the property? Am I not allowed to want to keep you in one place after you were kidnapped?!"

I seethed and trembled. "Worried? Sure, but I can fucking handle shit myself, I'm not a child." I breathed and leaned forward so our faces were closer. "If you can't handle the way I am, then..."

"Then what?" River glowered, his fingers tightening.

I bit down on my lip harshly and River's gaze dipped down. "I don't fucking know, you always do this, have this whole thing where you need to keep me in this box."

River let go of my arms and I stumbled back slightly. "Fucking hell, Raven," he spat. "If you used your damn head-"

"What are you so afraid of?" I demanded and threw my hands into the air. "Because I want to know why, we never leave this stupid pattern," my voice cracked before I shook my head. "Everything is all peachy and then-"

"Then you do something damn stupid," River spat and my eyes went wide. "And you get defensive when anyone talks to you about your problems, and then everyone in this fucking house explodes. Why do you think Cross and Lion hated you so long?"

I seethed. "Fuck you! Don't you fucking dare bring that into this," my eyes watered. "Not when we finally became happy,"

River waved a hand and stepped towards me a again. "They're just as possessive is me, just as protective, I just always end up being the bad guy, then you cry and force everyone to ask for forgiveness."

An odd sound of frustration left my throat as our eyes clashed, my eyes glowing a bright green for the first time since I had been kidnapped.

"At least I forgive, because it seems you still haven't forgiven me for being a stupid eight year old with no family," I spat. River slammed me into the wall and I stood stiffly as his hand wrapped around my neck.

"You're right, maybe I haven't, but you haven't forgiven me for taking you, you blame me for Missy's death," River's voice was low with rage.

I got on my tippy toes and- the bastard kissed me, lips harsh and furious. I made an angry exclamation and reached up, pulling on his hair as hard as I fucking could. "Damn you -" his hand tightened and I hissed, tearing my mouth from his.

I placed a hand on his chest, sudden dragon magic allowing me to shove him backwards. "Don't you fucking dare," I told him sharply and gasped when he pulled me to his chest.

I angrily tried to pull free, causing us to fall to the ground. I saw stars briefly as my head smacked into the ground with a loud thud. My hands landed on River's chest as he landed on top of me, blue eyes filled with anger and frustration.

"Fuck it," I breathed and pulled his head down, mashing our mouths together. I hooked my legs around his waist and flipped us over, grabbing his hair kissing him with heated rage filled passion.

River sat up and touched my lower back, pushing my body against him as he sucked my lower lip into his mouth, my nails digging into his scalp.

He rose and I groaned as he slammed my back into the wall, a picture frame falling and shattering at his feet. I strained against him, breathing heavily as his lips began pressing kisses down my neck.

My eyes closed tightly, locking my legs tighter around his hips as my lips parted as he sucked on my throat. "Damn you," I moaned and yanked on his hair.

River growled and pulled back from the wall, lowering me on the bed. Our eyes met as his hand landed beside my head. "No, damn you," River told me sharply before kissing me hungrily.

I bit down on his lip, tasting blood in mere moments. River pulled his head up and touched his lip as I pulled out from under him, eyes glowing brightly.

He licked lip before grabbing my ankle, yanking me back as I lashed out. "Fuck," I hissed in pain as he grabbed my wrists, pinning them above my head with one large hand.

"Raven," River said my name before he suddenly kissed me again, a groan leaving me as he bit down on my lip in return, blood rushing into my mouth. He pressed his hips against mine, his body heavy against me.

I hooked my legs around his lips again, my heightened emotions leaving my thoughts blurred  and body already heated from our exchange of angry words.

His free hand slipped into my tank top, running along my stomach and I gasped into his mouth, his tongue running over my bloody lip before slipping into my mouth as I strained against him.

Hot fingers slipped from my stomach, hooking into my shorts and yanking them down. "Okay?" River asked, pulling his head back as I panted, trembling beneath him.

"K," I agreed and lifted my hips, helping him take my shorts the rest of the way off. River sat up, letting go of my wrists to pull off his shirt.

I gazed at his skin and tried to ignore the throbbing between my legs as he got off me completely, taking off his pants quickly before crawling back over me, hand finding its place back on my throat.

"You don't own me," I breathed as he aligned his hardness to my soaked center. River tightened his hand, choking me slightly.

"Yes, I do,"

I cried out as he pushed down, hand going to my lower back to lift me up slightly as he thrust into me. His lips touched my ear as I closed my eyes and gasped for air. "But you own me more," River breathed and hissed as I tightened. "Stop that,"

I turned my head and met his eyes, tightening on his desire, making his eyes flash. "Watch me," I whispered then felt my soft lips fall open as he grew more aggressive. "Ahhh," I breathed and touched his back, nearly losing it as he thrust all the way inside before pulling back and repeating, nearly crushing me beneath him.

My heart pounded, fingers dug into the flesh of his back, and he made a sound in my ear, pace nearly animalistic. "Fucking hell," River breathed as I stiffened beneath him, body arching as sweat ran down my neck, spasming.

River kissed my forehead, lips, and neck before he grabbed my hips in a bruising hold, filling me as he came. River rolled off me, onto his back beside me.

"I... I used to, when I was younger, but I'm happy, that I came here with you River," I whispered.

River pressed his face into my chest and touched my stomach. "I'm sorry... I..."

I held him to me and River inhaled deeply. "I know you need to be able to run wild, I know I can't take that from you, but I can't not want to protect you either."

I closed my eyes. "We'll figure it out,"