1 Baltic States

To hear your friends being in distressed is bad, physically and mentally. To see them in destress, watching them being beaten, or watching them go through stress to pay bills, or to go through a break up is horrible. But for these things to happen to your family, its even worse. To see or hear your family suffer will tear your heart in half, it can leave you crying, or leave you angry. Wanting to do something, but you are left unable to.

That's what Latvia goes through. Crying his self to sleep every night because his friends back is covered in blood, because the other one can't take it, and lays on the side of the bed, curled up in a ball, shaking, wondering if he will be next. Latvia's friends are both physically and mentally distressed.

"W-when will he stop?" Latvia stutters, pulling the thin blanket over his small, frail body. Listening to Lithuania's screams kept him up all night. "J-just g-get some s-s-sleep..." Estonia whispers to him, trying to ignore the screams in agony coming from his friend in the basement of the mansion. Lithuania's screams were loud enough to be heard even from the attick.

Latvia shuts his eyes, trying to get himself to sleep before Mr. Russia is done, and comes back up. But Latvia wanted to help his friend, to make his pain go away, to let him get sleep so this doesn't happen. The only reason it happens is because his friend falls asleep doing work, and gets punished for it, making him even more tired, leading to more punishments.

The screams of agony stop. "Come on." Latvia whispers, placing a hand on Estonia's shoulder softly and shakes him awake. "Ok." He said, sliding out of bed with Latvia, both of them trembling.

They stop at the door, peaking out slightly to make sure Russia was going to bed. It took ten minutes before he did, allowing Estonia and Latvia to sneak out and make their way down the creaky stairs to the basement.

Finding Lithuania chained to a post every few days scared Latvia. To see his friend, covered in his own blood, to see the new scars on his back and chest, .... It horrified him. "Lithuania." Latvia's soft voice broke the unbearable silence. His friend had fallen unconscious, hanging there like a red rag doll, unable to move. "Help me." Estonia said, quietly, and Latvia did what he was told. Releasing his pained looking wrists from the bloody shackles with Estonia, Lithuania begins to moan softly. "Stop moving him so roughly." Estonia says, putting Lithuania's arm around his shoulders. "I-i'm sorry." He replies, doing the same to Lithuania's other arm.

Taking their friend back up stairs and into their room, they knew they would have to work all day on their hands and knees to remove the blood stains from the carpet and their sheets. "L-latvia...." Lithuania manages to get out, weakly. "Y-y-yes?" Latvia looks at his pained friend. "Water...." Latvia grabs the water cup and helps Lithuania take a few swallows.

"Thank you..." Lithuania says to his friends, pain showing in his weak, beautiful, eyes. "Go to sleep." Estonia whispers, pouring water onto Lithuania's bloody back, causing the man's body to tense from the pain, and slowly relax as the water washes away blood and filth that had rested on his back.

"I-i don't know.... What I'd do... W-with out y-you... Guys...." He says, closing his eyes slowly. Relaxing himself, his body preparing to go to sleep by force whether he wants to or not. "We're always here for you." Latvia whispers, setting a wet cloth over his back, making sure to cover every lash.

Estonia sets up a bed in the floor for himself and latvia to share in order not to disturb their sleeping friend. "I'm scared E-Estonia..." Latvia looks up at him, his small body shaking in fear. "It's ok." Estonia replies, pulling the small boy close and cuddling him. "Just lay down, I won't let anything happen to you." His voice soft and soothing. Latvia obeys, and lays down, cuddling up to Estonia's warm body. "Thank you, Estonia." He says softly before closing his eyes and drifting off to the only place he could escape to, his dreams.

"Anything for you." Estonia says, cuddling the boy and kissing his head before joining him.

If it came down to it, I would defend him with my life. That was no lie, I will not watch him suffer as Liet does. He thinks to himself, before drifting off to sleep with the other two.

Goodnight.

"Lithuania." A soft voice comes from behind the brown haired man. "Y-yes Mr. Russia?" He asks, turning away from the vegtables he was chopping for the feast he was preparing, to face the tall man. "The way you chop the carrots... They're too... Big." He says, a soft smile on his face.

Lithuania's heart pounded in his chest. "I-i-im so sorry M-M-Mr. Russia." He says, turning back to the carrots and continues chopping, but this time more carefully, and smaller.

"Not like that." The Russians face was dark now. He yanks Lithuania away from the chopping board and begins to chop them quickly, each piece of carrot coming out small and exactly like the last. "You see? Nothing to it." He says, his face still dark with anger. "Now do I have to punish you again, just over carrots?" He asks. "N-no, Mr. Russia." Lithuania replies, hanging his head low, trying not to make eye contact with his master.

"If I have to punish you again for such acts I wont be so soft." He says. "Yes Mr. Russia." His head still hanging low out of fear. "Now chop." He takes the knife and puts it in the Lithuanians hand. "And if I am not pleased with it, I will punish you and make the young one watch." He says, his face even darker now. He never bothered to call them by their names, or any names at all. Just lables like "young one.", "the long haired one", or "the ugly one". The last one used for all three of the servents, which confused them on which one their master was talking about.

________________________________________________
Hope you guys like my new story! Be sure to comment on what you think about it so far!!!