Epilogue

~ Three Years Later ~

"There's more paint on you than there is on the wall"

I laugh at Mikey as another drop of paint fell onto his shirt. Ashton and I were working on the window, and door frames, and Calum was upstairs with Luke. I smiled, finishing up with the door frame.

"I'm going to go find the others, I'm hungry" I say dropping the paintbrush in the tray.

"Pizza?" Mikey grinned at me

"We had pizza yesterday" I reminded him, then left the room, smiling as I hear him mumbling to Ash about me being mean.

I bit my lip, holding back a grin as I walked around the house, it was beautiful. The corridors were wide and there was so much light coming through, it was so bright and I was in love. The house wasn't big or anything like that, it was just enough, three bedrooms, technically two, with the other being turned into a studio and had a nice back garden, with a swimming pool, which Luke insisted on. Three bathrooms, a living room and a gorgeous modern kitchen.

It was ours, mine and Luke's and it was perfect.

I sat on the stairs in the hallway just thinking, smiling at the memories of the past three years. After Luke had asked me to stay with him, and I told him I would, I kept my promise. We had gone the next day to sort out a visa for me so I could stay in Australia. The process was boring and tiring, the easiest way was for me to either be married to a citizen or have some sort of employment.

I laughed in Luke's face when he suggested we get married.

It's not that I was opposed to it but I didn't want to get married yet and especially not just because I wanted to get a visa to stay in the country. So, I started looking for a job, until one day I was going for a interview and I got a phone call from Luke. He had forgotten his passport at his mum's, where we were staying at the time, after I had specifically asked him if he had it, just before he left.

Safe to say, I didn't go to the interview that day, and Luke apologised profusely for making me miss it. One good thing did come out of it though, the guys came up with a plan to help me and two weeks later I was officially hired as their PA. Basically, I got paid just to be with them all the time. Make sure they always have everything, documents and important papers, that sort of thing. I was just me, in a nutshell, but with a paycheck and getting to travel the world with them.

Six months after Luke and I had gotten together, as an official couple, on the beach that night, we 'came out' if you will. Not in a 'oh yeah, we're confirming it' way, we would just go out together and hold hands and stuff.

All social media exploded, some people saying we were cute, others saying things that weren't so nice but that was to be expected, especially since the photos of Ashton and I at lunch that one afternoon started going around again. Yeah, I was definitely called some things that really shouldn't be repeated, ever!

It died down though, after a while. People realised that being negative was pointless, it wasn't going to change the fact that we cared for each other. In the end, people were just happy that he was happy and that was enough for them.

I felt a pair of legs, one either side of me, making me jump slightly. I looked up to see Luke smiling at me. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me tight as he left a kiss on my cheek. "We did it" he whispered, "we finally have our own home"

That made me grin widely, after a few weeks at the Hemmings house, we had found a small, one bedroom flat that we used whenever we were in Australia, during tour breaks and such. It was nice for the amount of time we spent in it, but we never bothered trying to make it homely. We had photos and things but it was never 'ours'. This new house, this was our home and we were making it so.