Chapter 48

"We expect 3/4 more days. But let's not gets our hopes high"

Yeah, you shouldn't get your hopes high enough because it has been 7 days and Elia still didn't get up from her coma. Does it hurt their feelings? Yes. Do they get their hopes high? Yes, they do. But they know she'll wake up too eventually.

That day when Elia is off from the ventilator, Lizzie goes to alert her family members and tell them about the good news. MK and Ashley immediately hop on the plane and took 1 week off from working to be with them, the grandparents coming to the hospital right that second.

Seb called his mom and his mom also hopped on the plane from Canada to LA. Downey, Scarlett and Evans go telling the cast about the news. Mackie goes telling the Grey's.

Let's just say, the day after that, Isaac came to the hospital visiting Elia for the first time after 2 weeks of locking himself in his room.

Isaac starts to get his spirit lifted back up. Maggie's been visiting everyday too. They can't wait for Elia to be awake.

36 days of Elia in coma.

Doctor Tristin frequently checks up on Elia every 5 hours for updates. He does it himself without asking for the intern to do it because this case is top 1 priority in the hospital. They need to handle it perfectly well while the intern just stays back and relaxes. Though, the intern that's been chosen to Eliana's case is the top 3 intern they got, they still needed to watch and learn from it.

And today, Elia's room is full with everyone coming to visit. Ever since that day, they always, everyday come to the hospital.

They wanted to be there too for this big life changing moment.

"Her ribs are getting better. We changed the dressing on her burnt hands. It's going great" Doctor Robbins said, informing them.

"Still no progress that she's going to wake up soon?" Seb asks nervously

"We can't say anything yet. She was supposed to be awake 3 days ago but we don't know what stopped her. Most cases, our patient wakes up immediately after they are off from the ventilator. We don't want to give you guys false hope anymore. But we are certain that she's going to awake" Doctor Robbins exclaimed

"Wait, what do you mean? If she is still on vent, is there a possibility that she'll not wake up?" Lizzie asks confusedly

Robbins and Tristin look at them shocked and surprised

"You don't know that the longer she stays in the vent, the higher chances that she's not gonna wake up soon? The doctor from the other hospital should've inform you guys this" Doctor Tristin told them

"No, they didn't inform us of any of this shit!" Seb said angrily

Robbins and Tristin just sigh sadly at them.

"Well, they are lucky she's making a progress" Robbins stated

"We'll come back after 5 hours for another check-up" Tristin added and they leave the room to give them privacy.

Isaac goes next to Elia and grabs her hands into him.

"You gotta wake up soon. Nobody's holding me back when I do stupid things" Isaac whispers

Do the others want to think of this 'stupid things' he did? No, they don't want to jump to conclusions. But he didn't do any stupid things at all. It's just a saying that Elia always tells him.

"She's gonna wake up soon buddy" Jax said smiling sadly to his son.

"Good. Because I don't know what I'll do if she doesn't open her eyes anytime soon" Isaac replied, still looking at Elia.