Chapter 35: Atlantia

"So what exactly are we looking for?" I asked as we wandered through the school. It was weird being at the school after hours but I was curious what Stiles realized back at his house. Stiles doesn't answer. He just enters the science classroom so Lydia and I follow. He walks straight to the chemical storage room and pushes it open making Lydia and I freeze.

"That was supposed to be locked." Lydia says.

"Yeah, I know." Stiles says before looking around the closet, "Notice anything else?"

"It smells like chemicals." Lydia states making me realize something.

"They wouldn't have been able to catch his scent." I say, "He used chemicals to disguised it but why did he spray his body with chemicals. He couldn't have known that would have hidden him." Then Stiles kneels and I follow his gaze to the pile of bloody staples in the ground.

"He was here, performing very minor surgery on himself." Stiles says before looking up Lydia, "You were right."

"Then why don't I feel good about this." Lydia asks weakly.

"Probably because he was here to kill somebody." Stiles says grimly.

"But who?" Lydia questions looking at us.

"That's what we got to figure out before he tried to kill them." I say.

Stiles nods, "We need to start looking for anything that might clue us into who he might be going after." Knowing there wasn't anything in the chemical closet, we walk out of the closet and back into the classroom where we notice something on the chalkboard.

"Lydia, what are those?" Stiles asks, knowing she was the science girl so she would have a better clue of what it was.

"Atomic numbers." Lydia says walking up to the board.

"Is it a formula?" Stiles asks thinking it might be something Barrow wrote.

Lydia shakes her head, "Not really. Nineteen's potassium. The first two make potassium iodide." She steps forward and begins to write out the abbreviation of the elements.

"Potassium is 'K'" Stiles asks confused.

"From kalium, the scientific neo-Latin name." Lydia explains before writing I for iodide.

"What's radium?" Stiles asks.

"R-A" Lydia says as she writes it on the board. She took a step backward before staring at the writing, stunned at what she wrote out because it was a name we recognized.

"Kira." I say realizing that Barrow wasn't after anyone of us in the pack. Instead it was Kira, the kitsune. "We need to get to her."

"Where would she be?" Stiles asks, "None of us actually know anything about her, except for maybe Scott since he has a major crush on her." I turn to him something dawning on me.

"Scott's with Kira." I blurt out making Lydia and Stiles look at me surprised.

"How do you know that?" Lydia asks.

"Mr. Yukimura asked Scott and me to attend dinner so he could thank us for saving his daughter." I explain, "I turned down it because I saw Scott and Kira's chemistry and didn't want to be a third wheel."

"Where was the dinner?" Stiles asks.

"At their house." I say before we all sprint back toward the entrance of the school and back into Stiles's jeep before he hustled us toward Kira's house. I gave him direction since I knew exactly where she lived. However, when we arrived at her house, we were too late. Scott was lying unconscious on the ground by his motorcycle and Kira was no where to be seen.