Chapter 15 - Raging

Authors Note:

Hey guys, you don't know how great it is to find the inspiration to get this book back up and running! I am so happy you just don't understand... I HAVE MISSED YOU GUYS! I hope you aren't to angry with me. Here is the newest chapter, I promise that updates will be here a lot quicker! :)

—————————————————-

Chapter 15 - Raging

 I woke up and felt a chill run down my spine. I reached down to find my blankets, but I could not find anything. I opened my eyes and looked around, quite startled at what I had found. I was no longer in my bedroom, I was in the woods.

 I sat up quickly and sniffed the air around me. Smells of different werewolves filled my nose and suddenly I became alert. "Who is there?" I demanded, narrowing my eyes at the trees in front of me. "I can smell all of you, tell me who you are!"

 "You can smell me too?" a female voice called out in the distance. "But you can't shift?"

 I tensed up and thought about it for a moment. I shouldn't divulge my secrets to whoever was out here. "Tell me who you are first," I said in a low voice. I stood up and could see the tips of ears sticking out of the bushes.... I didn't know if it was meant to scare me or not but I felt nothing but the anger rising in me.

 "You are very beautiful you know..." the female said instead of introducing herself. "I can't believe how grown up you look."

 The voice was now behind me and I quickly spun around so that my back would not be to this possible enemy. I let a low growl rumble in my throat and I suddenly felt a boost of courage sending me towards the trees. "Show yourself!" I was getting tired of playing this game and it was causing me to boil on the inside, the corner of my eyes turning red.

 "Lucy you have to promise you will let me explain myself," she began. "If you jump to conclusions then things will only turn out worse." Her voice held a hint of desperation as though she was begging me to believe her before she even came out.

 "Ok," I replied quickly.

 She stepped out of the trees and faced me full on. Her long blonde hair cascading down her back in a loose ponytail. Her skin was pale which went well with her defined cheekbones and soft blue eyes. Overall she looked like an older version of me, "Lucy..."

 "Why do you look so much like me?" I questioned cutting her off. I took a step back and shook my head in disbelief. Other wolves started to appear from the trees behind her and if I wasn't already tense enough, it was worse now. "Start explaining before I leave."

 "Lucy... I am your mother." She started to make her way over to me but stopped when I gave her a hard look. "I know everyone probably told you that I was killed but I staged my death. I knew that as long as I was alive then they would have came after you just to get back at me... I thought I was doing it to protect you but when I recently learned from some of my connections that Victor was after you... I couldn't remain in hiding anymore."

 "Eighteen years," I muttered. "Eighteen years you left me to defend for myself. I was told that you left us and then told that you were killed! All those years that you let dad believe that you were dead, you were actually off doing who knows what!?" I took a step towards here and a few of the closer wolves growled, warning me to be careful. I glared at them before focusing back on my 'mother.'

 "Lucy I never wanted any of this to happen, you have to believe me!" she begged. "I thought I was protecting you and your father. I believed when I was removed from the equation then they would leave you alone. My job was never a safe one and when I fell for your father, I took a risk I knew was wrong on every level... but I loved him so much."