Chapter 22: Trouble? Again?!

Comincia dall'inizio

"I find it unfair." It was Koneko who made that statement. The girl who wanted her nekoshou side to disappear was not satisfied that she obtained what she wanted. She understood that it was better than being defenseless, a normal human.

"We can't do anything now. It's over. He won, we lost. Simple as that. It may be harsh but we have to accept it." Akeno said, with some wisdom. Even though the situation with her father was getting better, she was still uncomfortable with this wing.

It's sad that she lost all her powers and became a regular human, but at least now, she may be able to live a normal life, without having the duty to deal with stray devils and rating games. The rest looked down but still nodded, as they were accepting the truth.

Suddenly, Kei finally made his apparition, in sports clothes. His muscles were well defined. It wasn't too much but his abs could be seen thanks to the back shirt.

Some girl sighed lovingly as they saw him, which earned him a few glares from the boys. The only girls who weren't looking at him were the ones from the Council and the Orc, scared of him. But Sona's president instinct kicked in.

"Sensei you're late. It's your duty to be here on time. May we ask why you're late? I think we deserve a reason." Her tone was strict. The others were trying to stop her. Her friends wanted her to stop, scared of Kei's reaction.

But to their surprise, his eyes were still cold. It was like he wasn't even there. He looked at her, with his eyes staring right back at her like it was crushing her soul.

"I got lost on the path of life." His answer was flat, emotionless. He didn't want to deal with her, nor with anyone. His mind was still on his dream.  He couldn't stop thinking about it. Which is why he was about to deal fast with the kids.

"Today's class will be free period. You can play the sport you want if it's not dangerous. As long as you don't get injured I don't care. Enjoy." He said, then walked off, leaving the dumbfound students alone.

He started to walk off until he felt something behind his back. Something was summoned. Something dangerous. But it wasn't from any of Kei's allies or the ones who were linked to him. Someone was able to cast magic without his knowledge, which shouldn't be possible.

Looking back, he saw his students, all asleep, on the ground and locked in a purple transparent barrier. Kei's eyes glowed as he tried to erase it, but to his shock, it didn't work. This magic was not his. This was not magic, it was something else.

He wasn't specialized in analytics. He let that capacity to Destiny so she could use it to its full extent. Without notice, the barrier disappeared, along with the students. 

Kei couldn't feel it anymore. He couldn't rack it either since it wasn't magic. The light alerted the other classes. But acting fast, Kei blocked their eyesight. When they looked at the yard, they only saw Kei teaching the students.

A perfect illusion, perfected with Merlin's knowledge on the subject. He wasn't angry. Those were humans. He didn't really care about them right now. They were a source of unbearable pain, as well as some of his friends. 

He cared before because they were weak to the supernatural. But it changed. He was now the supernatural. Now, the only threat to humans was themselves. And it was probably the most dangerous.

He could simply change the memories of their parents, as well as the school and their friends. But was it really alright? A sudden image of the siblings at the park came to his mind. A single sight made him clench his fist.

With a sigh, he walked away from the yard and suddenly teleported. He could be found in his home, in front of Atalanta who was about to eat something as she stopped all movements when she saw him, her fork just before her mouth, which was open, ready to consume the food.