𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

Brazil.

The drop is in Brazil, my home.

I had charged my way through that door, taking an uber home. I told myself I would deal with the repercussions of storming out like that later, I had
to figure out how the hell I could get out of this, or get into Brazil without Afonso knowing.

The two seeming absolutely impossible.

Afonso has eyes and ears everywhere, he would know within 15 minutes if I had entered the country.

I spent the whole night trying to figuring out ways, but the only logical answer seemed to be that I go to Brazil, disguised as well as possible.

A wig, a full face of makeup, fake accent, all of it. 

The thought of ever going back there while Afonso is breathing makes me sick, but I have no choice.

Absolutely no choice.

I lay in my bed, in my bathrobe. This is my first time having alone time in a while, and I can't even deny how good it feels.

Until my phone rings.

I grab it, and see Antonia's name. I pick it up immediately.

"Olá Antônia. (Hi Antonia.)" I say, twirling my wet curls.

"Katarina, ele está de volta. A mãe o trouxe! Eles estão indo para todas as casas na área- (Katarina, he's back. Mother brought him! They are going to every house in the area-)"  She yells out, fumbling her words.

I sit up in my bed, feeling my head start to spin.

"Desacelerar! Quem está com a mãe? Afonso? (Slow down! Who's with mother? Afonso?)" I say quickly, panicked.

"Não. Adriano. (No. Adriano.)" She says.

I close my eyes, taking a deep breath.

He's just as bad as Afonso.

Adriano is Afonso's younger brother, maybe two or three years older then me. When I first met him, I was 13.

We never spoke much until Afonso and I got married, he then suddenly took an interest in me and my appearance. That's when Afonso told me, Adriano was going to share me with him.

"You share the prize with the people you love, Katarina. You are that prize." He told me.

I had to spend many nights with Adriano after that.

He was disgusting, and more rough then Afonso.  The way he forced his fingers onto me and into me, he would tie my hands together so I couldn't stop him.

When I was 18, I had enough. I saw a chance to stop him, so I did.

I bit his fingers, hard.

So hard that I destroyed so many nerves, it caused blood slots and his to amputate his middle and ring finger.

Afonso had lost it, and beat me. Then proceeded to lock me and Paris into the basement where all the girls lived. Paris was 3. We didn't have food or water for 2 days.

Adriano moved after that to Italy, and I had never seen him since. He had took him and Afonsos business out there.

I honestly thought I'd never hear of him again.

How did our mother find him?

"Você e Paris precisam embalar tudo e ir para a casa segura. (You and Paris need to pack everything and go to the safe house. )" I exclaimed, getting up to go to my kitchen.