Birthday Surprise

Little something for Remus's birthday :]
Word Count: 953
°
Remus's birthday was coming up and Sirius had a few surprises for him, obviously the every year party, but this year he'd take him on a date as well. 

"Pads you really don't have to do anything special for me" Remus insisted

"Then I won't mention anything" 

This left Remus in confusion for the next few days, was Sirius really planning something, or was he just being lied to? He knew if anything the marauders would do something for him, at least a party. 

As the week went by Remus was confused, it seemed like no one was pumped for his upcoming birthday, was it all coming true? Of course not, he was just being silly. 

That night in the dorms James and Sirius didn't seem to do their normal meetup, though normally he joined in anyways so that might've been the issue. They also might've gotten together after he fell asleep for all he knew, he just felt any activity anymore seemed slightly suspicious. Remus had to remind himself after all Sirius said he'd keep his lips sealed, which this time he must've meant it. 

By the time his birthday came around Remus was a bit anxious, wondering if his thoughts would come true. However he was wrong as he walked into the common room he was greeting by the shouting of 'Happy Birthday!' and being surrounded by friends. 

"I know you said nothing special but here we are" Sirius said, his arms wrapped tightly around the others waist. 

"This is sweet really-" Remus was cut off by James

"Open your presents!" 

Remus sat on the couch as James handed him his presents like he was a child on Christmas. Overall he got a bunch of sweets-mostly his favorite chocolate from Honeydukes, a few novels, some new quills, and from Sirius some David Bowie records which he knew he'd listen to later probably on loop. 

After that the party had really kicked off with people drinking a left and right, thanks to the map they smuggled it in obviously. 

Remus wasn't really one to drink, but he decided to drink a bit with Sirius, sitting beside him the two cracked jokes and loudly laughed. "This has been one of the best birthdays I've had in a while"

"It's going to get better soon" Sirius said, a smirk on his face 

Remus just raised an eyebrow, before watching Sirius disappear, what was he up to now? 

Sirius returned, map in pocket, cloak in hand and took Remus's other hand. "Let's go"

Once by the portrait opening, Sirius slid the cloak over the two and led Remus with him up to the astronomy tower, then removed the cloak. "Tada!" 

Remus could only gasp, Sirius had set up a blanket and in the middle were chocolates and fire whiskey. Little lit candles were on the outside of the blanket. 

"Stop mooning and take a seat" Sirius of course had to take that opportunity to make a joke. 

Remus quickly sat down, it took him a moment to realize why they were here in the first place, they were under the stars and the brightness of the half moon was pouring in, this was all done on purpose. 

"Thought you'd like it" Sirius said, cracking open the bottle of fire whiskey "Now care to drink?" 

Remus nodded, if he was getting smashed he'd rather do it with his boyfriend. 

Sirius poured half each and held his glass up, clinking it against Remus's "Happy Birthday to my Moony" 

Remus smirked and took a gulp "How much of this did you get?" 

"A bunch, it's stored in my trunk if you ever want any" Sirius said "We could always drink more than this if your up to it"

"It's my birthday, I should probably live life a little" Remus said, taking another gulp. 

"You really should" Sirius was almost done with his glass 

Remus looked up, watching the stars and glaring at the moon every so often. 

Sirius took notice and chuckled "You hold a grudge for that moon"

"Of course I do, it causes me pain every month" Remus was so busy staring at the sky that he didn't notice how close Sirius was getting until he felt a pair of lips on his neck. "Sirius-" he looked down and was met with a soft kiss. 

"Happy Birthday baby" Sirius kissed him again 

"Pads, you're so good to me" Remus looked over and realized his glass was now empty, when did he drink it all?

"Want more? We could always go back and get smashed then ya know" Sirius said, making a suggestive look along with it. 

"We'll see" 

The two snuck back up, the party was still going, it seemed like no one really noticed how the two were gone-or of course did and didn't mind. 

Sirius opened his trunk and pulled out another bottle of fire whiskey, splitting it between them both once more. 

Remus sat on his bed and brought Sirius close, kissing him over and over before taking another drink. "You know I like your plan Sirius, can it happen?"

"Of course" 

 With a silencing spell and the curtains closed Sirius gave Remus an excellent birthday present. 

The party had been stopped around midnight and the two were out by then, having had two rounds and much fire whiskey. 

-

The next morning the two woke with headaches, and their own mess had forgotten to do much with it-at least they'd remembered cleaning spells. 

"Pads"

"Hm?" 

"Thanks for the best fucking  birthday ever" Remus kissed him softly. 

"I'm glad you enjoyed it" Sirius said "Another round?"

"Your insufferable"

"Only for you" 

Needless to say Remus really did have the best birthday.