Stop for me, Please?

Word Count: 1, 350
Sirius helping Remus fight his drinking problem
For: queerkilljoy
(Y'all really should go read their story it's such a 20/10)
°
Remus knew he had a drinking problem, would he admit it? No. The war had been going on for two years now and tensions were high, so he turned to drinking. 

Of course Sirius knew about this and was constantly trying to dig him out of the hole. He'd always tell him how he'd been there (done that) and gotten himself out, but would always get the response of 'it's fine I'll quit'. He always told himself it was bullshit and he loved Remus to death, not wanting to watch him waste away to a life of alcohol. 

"Remus, could you please lax down on it?" Sirius asked

Remus just took a sip of his drink "I already have, isn't it obvious?" 

"Yeah but by like one bottle" Sirius sighed "Look I just wish you'd take it down a lot, like drink once in a while not everyday pretty much all the time" 

Remus rolled his eyes "Who's cursed for life?"

"Don't use that shit again!" Sirius snapped back "You know how it was growing up for me, sure you got bit and now you're a werewolf but please just get off your ass for once and stop drinking!"

Remus looked almost offended, if he weren't in such a drunken state his mind might've been able to fight back. He just sat his drink down and seemed to ignore it. 

Sirius was worried as ever, scared that with the wolf lurking inside that Remus would one day go unhinged. He shrugged and gave up for the day before stomping off to the bedroom, laying down and hiding under the covers. 

Soon enough the bed creaked and arms were wrapped around Sirius's waist and Remus mumbled "'M sorry.. " 

"A-are you crying?" Sirius asked 

Remus's sobs were muffled against Sirius's back. 

Sirius turned around, he ran a hand down his back and a hand through his hair trying to soothe his lover. At this point he couldn't tell if it was the alcohol talking or not. He decided if anything he'd rather talk with Remus when he was sober. 

-

The next morning Sirius was met with the sound of retching, Remus was throwing up. He knocked on the door, he hated seeing his lover like this remembering when they used to wake up in a quiet peaceful morning. 

Remus seemed to be done for the moment, he turned around quickly. 

"Feeling any better?" Sirius asked 

Remus shook his head "No not really.. My head hurts like a bitch" 

"Then maybe you can see why you need to stop drinking, it takes a terrible toll on your body" Sirius said

Remus knew this conversation would keep coming up until he had it all under control, he brushed his teeth and met Sirius out in the kitchen, sitting at the table. 

"Now Remus I know you don't want to stop, but you don't have to quit forever I just would rather have you lay down on it for a while, for me please" Sirius said 

Remus looked away, he wasn't sure what to say. 

"How about you stay sober all day, just see how great you feel when you wake up, no throwing up and you get to relax" Sirius said, he placed his hand on top of Remus's. 

Remus looked at him, still reluctant but he nodded. "Fine I'll try"

"Thanks.. " 

The day trailed on for Remus, so he turned to smoking a bit not much but somewhat. He sat by the window, his mind couldn't figure out how to cope with anything.