Chapter 2 -𝗘𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱-

𝗦𝗸𝘆'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩:

Driving through New York's streets when you were Late for something was a nightmare. There were cars jam-packing the streets for I don't know why, J walkers, and homeless people begging for money at your window.

I rolled down my window and slipped a twenty between the glass and the man's dirty fingers.
He nodded to me gratefully as I sped off down the street.

My fingers tapped the steering wheel anxiously as I tried to swerve through traffic. I had three minutes to get to my interview or I won't have one at all.

Fuck, I should've woken up earlier. I should've Camped out outside of the building at six a.m. if that meant I could've avoided this unnecessary traffic. God, I did really want this job.

Out of nowhere a biker, who was not in the bike lane swerved In front of my car.

I slammed on my brakes, my hand going to the horn. It blasted in a long ear-piercing honk.

"What the fuck are you doing this isn't the bike plane ass hole Get the fuck out the way!" I yell out the window with my heart beating fast.

The man in his dark blue polo and khaki pants, riding a mountain bike Put up a hand with his face apologetic
"sorry," he said.

I roll my eyes and swerve around him through the green light. Thankfully I saw the huge R'O building right up ahead.

It's a big letter written out in a bright Glowing red.

                     R'O
        𝖲𝗈𝖿𝗍𝗐𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝖣𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗅𝗈𝗉𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍

More nervousness popped inside of my chest once again as I pulled in front of the tall building. 

R'O wasn't inside of the Empire State Building but it was exactly right next to it, Just as tall as the Empire State. Glowing and shining in the morning sky.

Parking the car I quickly grab my purse. Spraying my mouth with cool mint Listerine spray Because the last thing I want is coffee breath.

As I approached the building, people going in and people coming out. I took a deep breath.

I'll get the job. I told myself.
l will get the job.

I looked down at my phone seeing it was 8:59, I cursed.
Being late is not a good first impression.

I grab the gold C handle to R'O and pull it open, Walking inside.

Coffee and a sweet breakfast warmed my belly as I walked inside. I inhaled the wonderful scent as I walked to the front desk and immediately did not feel so nervous as the woman smiled at me.

The crystal chandelier sparkled down on top of me as I glanced over towards the coffee and breakfast shop inside of R'O that was filled with people, mostly employees.

The secretaries desk was luxurious, All glass and white marble. The blonde that sat behind it was in a blazer dress, Makeup glowing beautifully and her legs crossed Elegantly.

Now that I looked around at everyone I felt out of place as everyone was wearing designer and looked so business luxury, I didn't feel that but I feel optimistic as I always did.

"Hi, How can I help you?" The blonde asked sweetly as she glanced at her computer.

A bundle of Roses sat on the edge of her desk, filling her aroma with more than just the bath and body works- A Thousand Wishes she wore.

I smiled kindly at the woman "Hi Good morning, I'm here for an interview with Ms-Mrs O'Conner"

The woman hummed and looked down at a clipboard on her desk, Pulling up paper after paper, scanning them, and glancing a look at her computer.

After a moment she looked back up at me again and handed what looked like a Pass. Gold and white and full of glittering Diamonds.

"Ah yes I see your name on the list Ms. Evans Rosalina O'Conner is on the 100th floor and you might want to hurry your about to be late," she said politely as I nodded gratefully and walked towards the elevators
"By the way my name is Casey," she called out to me

"Skylar," I said as the elevator doors shut.

After what seemed like forever the Elevator Doors opened. I sighed as I walked out and into a whole bunch of cubicles.

"Wow," I said as I stepped onto the floor that was marbled with rose gold and gold.

The ceiling was the exact same. Only a bigger chandelier than the lobby sat in the middle, casting a sparkling effect on the floor.

I walked deeper into the huge place, probably a thousand cubicles but all personal and had inches and inches of space between which I really appreciated.

The worst thing is having to work next to people and you crammed up like sardines.

I ogled at the place completely in my own thoughts when a loud stern voice startled me.

"You're late ms. Evans" a woman's voice that was heavily accented boomed behind me.

I turn around on my heels, my purse around my shoulder and see a tall woman leaning against an office door with her arms crossed. She did not look pleased to see me whatsoever.

She was dressed in a red laced top, a bright red blazer over top, and matching red trousers.

Her red hair was curled to perfection, it sat against her chest Covering her slightly exposed breasts in her top.

"Excuse me" The woman waves her hand around, her expression irritated and her red lips a scowl.

I snapped out it whatever I was in and looked back at the woman who I'm guessing was Rosalina O'Conner.

"I'm sorry" I apologized walking over to her and holding out my hand.
"I'm Skylar Nice to meet you I'm sorry I was late"

The woman looked at my hand simply turned around on her heels and walked off into Her glowing office.

She pointed towards a chair in front of her desk with a long manicured finger
"Sit, you've already wasted minutes of My time..ms. Evans" she says looking me up and down one last time before sitting down in her chair, crossing her legs.

—-

"Why should I hire you" she asks before I even had enough time to sit down and get comfortable.

Rosalina placed her hands together leaning forward with her overly stern face waiting for me to answer.

I cleared my throat under her stare feeling overly watched and exposed.

The woman was absolutely stunning I had to say, no she was remarkable, astonishing, breathtaking. Every word in the beautiful book she was.

"well, you should hire me because I am really good a computer work and good with a lot of Communication, I don't get stressed easily and can take up the challenge of Computer programming" Well at least I didn't think I get stressed easily..

"Hmm," Rosalina pursed her lips and lenses back in her chair and leaned back crossing her legs. "Ok then, Tell me about yourself..𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺"

Personally? Why would she want to know me personally-

"Oh um sure, well I graduated  with a 3.75, I am passionate about my work, (𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴)I am very very ambitious and-"

Rosalina rolls her in annoyance as she cuts me off mid-sentence
"You start tomorrow"

Surprised I slowly stood up and smiled "Oh wow Thank you so muc-" she cut me off again "Get out Evans" she said looking up at me with her bright blue eyes.

I see why people call her malicious. I liked it.

I turned on my feet and walked out of the office and mumbled something under my breath.

Rosalina yelled after me
"I heard that Evans, don't think I can't take back hiring you" she yells as I make it to the elevator.

Gods she is feisty and god I am loving my new boss already. 

"This is going to be a hell of a year," I thought as I stepped into the elevator and pushed the first floor.