Chapter Five

They left?!" I started panicking as I tried to get to my feet but Selena put all her force and pushed me back to the ground beside her. 

"Calm down! They will come back!" Selena screamed but it seemed like she was trying to reassure herself.  Worrying was all Selena did even before any of this happened.  Her dad was a police officer and he would always be out on duty leaving Selena by herself at home just worrying about him.  I'm sure Selena felt the loneliness but what I admire about her, that she always puts on the bravado but really, she's just as scared. 

"Selena, he will come back to you." I noted as she stared at me.  At the same time, the tears started falling from her eyes like a never ending rain fall.  I had never seen Selena cry, I was sure no one had since she really never did.  When she slipped on the stairs, falling down, breaking her leg, she didn't shed one tear. 

"Selena...I -" She cut me off with her loud sobbing's  as she reached for me as I responded and hugged her tightly as I could, letting her tears fall onto my damped shirt.  It was a horrible feeling, hearing her cry.  She was usually so strong and energetic.  It was sad to see her like this.  These creatures are breaking everyone into pieces, figuratively and literally.  They were ruining our lives.

An hour flew by as Selena was still wrapped up to my chest.  She released her grip on my back and freed herself from my arms and she sat up and looked at me.  Her eyes were red and swollen with dry tears coming from them to her clogged red nose.  She looked a wreck.

"Thankyou" Taken by surprise, she smiled and wiped her eyes.  I sat there in silence hoping she would say something else. I wasn't sure what to say.  I have been in many situations where my crying friends needed my assurance, mostly Ally but I knew exactly what to say but with Selena, I blanked.  I couldn't think of anything.

"Max and Jeremy went out to find more weapons for us to use against the monsters but it's been 3 hours since they left.  It's been too long." It looked like she was about to cry again but she was fighting very hard not to.  I was taken by surprise again by her words.

"What if..." I stopped myself, I shouldn't be thinking of the worst in this situation at the moment. Not with Selena.  Selena sighed and stood up, standing over Ally.

"I have gone over every possible problem that they could have faced in my head and I only see one solution." I didn't like where this was going.

"I'm going to find them." She confidently said as she faced me looking at my reaction which was probably shocked.  She walked out of the room leaving Ally and I by ourselves. Ally was still motionless.  "What is she thinking?!"  I screamed to Ally but I knew I was talking to myself.

I rushed after Selena, leaving Ally behind in the room as I shut the door and ran.  As I reached Selena's back. I realised Alex and Dylan were there, talking to Selena.

"Selena!" I shouted as I approached them.  They all went silent. I stared at Alex as he stared back at me but he wasn't wearing the same expression.  They were all ready to fight.

"No...we can't.  Please...don't" I tried to say as my tears started clobbering up in my eyes.  I was holding them back as I took deep breaths. 

"We have to Ro" Alex serenely said as Dylan and Selena nodded along.

"Why? I don't understand!" I shouted at them.

"I love him Rochelle."  Her voice started cracking but she took a deep breath.  I widened my eyes and looked at Alex.  His eyes dropped to the floor, lost in thought.  Selena grabbed a pool stick from behind the counter and started walking to the emergency door.  Dylan and Alex weren't far behind.

"Just wait!" I yelled running to them.

All three of them stopped to my words and turned to face me again.  I knew I was going to regret the words that are about to come out of my mouth but I had no other choice.   I knew that I could not convince them to stay as they set their minds to leaving.  There was only one way that I can stay with them but I sure as hell didn't like it. 

"I'm coming too!"