Chapter 12 - Dinner and a Show

Start from the beginning

"Tomioka-san, please I'm begging you I need to know." Mitsuri pleaded.

"Fine, tell her Kocho." Giyuu said, caving once again to the puppy dog eyes of the love Hashira.

"I think you should tell her Tomioka-san, consider it practice." Shinobu teased, clearly enjoying seeing Giyuu squirm under Mitsuri's interrogation.

"Fine. I had been released from the butterfly mansion after a rib injury on a mission, I went home and rested, after completing the recommended resting period I returned to training. I trained too hard and passed out, Kocho arrived at my residence and took care of me." Giyuu explained.

"That is so." Mitsuri started but received a quick poke from Shinobu under the table.

"Reckless, Tomioka-san." Mitsuri finished, she was going to say romantic but decided against it, much to Shinobu's delight.

"I know." He conceded.

"I believe you are missing the details of the situation, in order to make it seem less serious than it was." Shinobu said, causing Giyuu to look up.

"I don't think I did." Giyuu argued.

"You see Mitsuri-chan, I had discharged Tomioka-san with a cracked rib and severe bruising of his mid-section, with explicit instructions to rest for at least a week or until the injury had completely healed." Shinobu started.

"Yes, I was there for that, that was the day I found you with Tomioka-san half naked in your room." Mitsuri teased, causing the two to avoid eye contact with each other.

"Yes, well. I received a notice from my crow that Tomioka-san and I had a mission together, so I made my way to his estate as we had agreed. Once I arrived I knocked several times and didn't receive an answer, I expected he was ignoring me as per usual, so I just walked in." Shinobu continued.

"I heard a loud banging noise coming from outside, so being the caring partner I am, I assumed he was in battled with a demon, so I readied my blade and leapt into action to save my poor partner." She said, earning a groan from Giyuu.

THEY ACT LIKE AN OLD MARRIED COUPLE, IT'S SO CUTE! Mitsuri thought, struggling to contain herself.

"But it turns out Tomioka-san here was just training, at an insane intensity might I add. You should've seen it Mitsuri-chan, the training dummies he has set up were completely destroyed. He had also been slashing at a tree with a very heavy, blunted blade but there were several massive gashes in the wood."

"Wow, that seems extreme Tomioka-san." Mitsuri said.

"Yes, I realise this now." Giyuu responded, clearly annoyed.

"So again, being the incredible partner I am, I quickly rushed to him, noticing me he turned and called out my name Shino... He said, but quickly began to cough terribly, producing some blood and then, BANG!, He collapsed to the floor."

"He called you by your first name?" Mitsuri asked.

"Well he certainly tried." Shinobu said laughing, not realising what Mitsuri was thinking.

"Tomioka-san that's so cute, you two are on a first name basis when you're alone?" Mitsuri asked, this time noticeably more excited.

"I... Don't remember that." Giyuu said keeping his gaze away from the two.

"Mitsuri-chaaaan." Shinobu said in a singing voice.

Knowing what this meant Mitsuri slowly turned to look at Shinobu before nervously speaking.

"Y...Y...Yes Shinbou-chan?"

"May I please just continue the story?" She asked, a large smile being present on her face.