Ch14 Second encounter

Y/N

I've been stressed out for days already, and my work has also been affected since I received that call from Mrs. Min's lawyer. Why is he asking when I will have my free time? and why he wants to come to my house and see me to discuss something personally. I'm worried about this, and I'm not sure if I should tell JK about it. I don't want to bother him if possible. He is a very busy person, and knowing him, he will be worried too and won't let this situation pass.

"Hey, beautiful."

A voice cut me away from my thoughts. I lifted my head up from my laptop to the door of my office room where the voice came from, just to see Mr. Ken Cheon the only son of my boss, Mr. Jef Cheon. Ken will be the next Ceo of this company where I work. He will replace his father by next year.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Cheon."

I greeted him and stood up from my seat. But before I got myself out of my place, he was already in front of my table leaning over it.

"Have dinner with me later, beautiful."

From the first day Ken stepped into his father's company after coming back from America to study, he never got tired of persuading me to go out with him. He said he was interested in me. He is a nice guy, but I felt sorry for him. Ever since I dated Yoongi, I have never gotten interested in other guys.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I won't be able to join you because I need to pick up my daughter from school."

I always decline his invitations, as well as try to make him understand that I'm not interested in going on dates and that my daughter is my first priority above others.

"So when will you give me a chance? I've been asking you for a long time, and you said-"

"Sir, I'm really sorry, but I already made myself clear to you that I'm not interested in dating anyone for now. Please try to understand, sir. I'm a single mother, and you can ask someone better than me, someone you deserve more."

I rant at Ken. Actually, this is not the first time I made this statement to him. I almost said the same thing every time he invited me out.

He was about to open his mouth to say something when there was a knock on the officer's door. We both turned to face it when my assistant swung the door open.

"Sir Ken, your father, Mr. Cheon, is waiting for you in his office. And, Miss Y/N, Mr. Cheon said you could go pick up Yoonji from school."

Marphy said, winking before storming out of my office. I didn't waste a second after hearing Mr. Cheons' order to gather my belongings and get out of my office, leaving Ken behind. Mr. Cheon, my boss, is also aware that his son kept asking me out but was also aware of my lack of interest.

An hour and 10 minutes were left before Yoonji's class was over, so I decided to stop at the nearest cafe from her school just to relax my mind from the incident at my office and the meeting with Mrs. Min's lawyer that made my mind a mess. I sat at the very corner of the cafe, and it was not long before a man came and asked if he could join me, when there was so much space in this shop.

'Not again'