Chapter 21

KIARA

Never in my life, I have thought that Rudraneel would stoop so low. What was he even thinking before saying this?

"I will marry you? Are you joking?"
I snapped at him. Has he gone mad? What the shit is he speaking?

"No, Kiara. I am not joking," he spoke like he was taunting me while I looked at him in disbelief.
"You will marry me," he spoke while he walked towards me.

"Don't... Don't come near me," I stammered as I saw him standing right in front of me.
"Oh come on. You will be marrying me in a couple of hours and right now you're behaving like a scared kitten," he chuckled.
"I will marry you?" I glared at him.

"In your dreams," and the next moment, I pushed him.
There is no way I was going to bear any stupidity from Rudraneel's side. What does he think of himself? He is that gangster who keeps the world under his shoes? What a joke! This isn't fiction and I am not the girl who would listen to everything just because I am helpless.

"Think twice, Kiara M Thakre. You have two days, so I am giving you one day, that is, twenty four hours. Think clearly," he chuckled as he shrugged his jacket.
"I don't need to think," I replied bluntly, looking at him.

"Oh come on Kiara. I am putting you on a debt, so you will have to repay the debt. So, that's how business is being done," he chuckled.

I couldn't believe that he was the same Rudraneel. He knew mercy, I felt like somewhere he had goodness in his heart, but I was wrong.

"Don't you have a heart? You're wanting a business? You're doing business over someone's life or death situation?" My words spat pure rage.
"This is Kaal, Kiara. And Kaal doesn't have a heart, neither does he knows about mercy. He is ruthless and he can get anything that he wants," he growled.

I went quiet. I was in no mood to speak anything. I couldn't comprehend whatever was happening nor could I think clearly about the situation. And that's when I decided one thing. To shut it off. To shut down every emotion, every feeling I was feeling at that moment because there is no other way. I clenched my fists while I closed my eyes as I wanted to get a hold of the intentions of the man standing in front of me.

"Consider this as a deal. On the one hand, you marry me and on the other, your Aai will go through her kidney transplant," he spoke.
He wanted to make a deal, a deal of Aai's kidney transplant and I knew one thing, I was not going to lose Aai at any cost.

"Fine. I am accepting the deal. I will marry you and in turn, you are going make sure Aai's transplant is successful," I grinned as I opened my eyes and looked at him.
"Cool," he sighed as I could see him controlling his happiness, "you should go and get ready now. My men will come to pick you up at six in the evening."

I looked at him and then walked out of the room and then out of the abandoned building.

RUDRANEEL

I saw Kiara walking away, but the expressions through which she accepted my proposal somehow concerned me. I was reminded of the words by him.

"Bring out Shivendu," I shouted as I sat on my chair and waited for Shivendu to face me.
I somehow controlled myself that day and I didn't kill my brother in law, and luckily I didn't, because right now, he would be my deal-breaker.

Two of my men brought Shivendu and made him stand in front of me. I sighed and stood up.

"I think I did good by saving you that day," I smirk as I tapped his shoulder.
"Oh really?" He panted.

"Yeah. And now, you're going to do social work. You will be donating your kidney to an old woman," I tell him and he looked at me shockingly.

"Don't worry. I have made sure to do the necessary tests while you were unconscious. You're a perfect match," I chuckled.
"You can't," he glared at me.
"Oh, I did. What did you think? You will get away?" I grinned.

"I did get away. You can see, I am alive," he laughed while I angrily glared at him.
"You're alive just because my sister loved you and married you. You're alive because she is carrying your child in her womb," I shouted at him.

"Rudraneel Rane. You're so easy to fool. You get carried away by your step families emotions. It was so easy to ploy under you, man. I pretended to love your sister, I got to rule Delhi under you and you couldn't understand anything initially. You're so easy to fool under the disguise of familial love," he chuckled while I kept on staring at him, blabbering.

I rolled my eyes, just to make him realize that his words won't affect me.

"Trust me on this one. Kaal means doom, and you're making me donate my kidney, just for that girl. Mark my words, that girl would be your doom Rudraneel Rane. That girl would be your doom," he grinned.

"Trust you?" I chuckled, "I can trust a stranger before trusting a backstabbing guy like you," I held his collars and pulled him closer to me.
He kept on laughing at my anger, like mocking me but I wasn't going to give on to him.

"Take him away," I ordered my men and they took him away.

As I thought about my encounter with Shivendu, I don't know why his words made me speculate about Kiara's intentions. I looked out of the window where I saw Kiara getting into the car and that's when I realized one more thing.

She is a mere twenty-one girl who has no idea about the world I am in. How can she be my doom? She can't do anything to me.

SAHEB

I was sitting in my room when my phone rang. I immediately picked up the phone.
"Yes?"
I was eager to know what my informer has to say.

"Kaal is getting married, to a girl," the informer spoke.
"He will get married to a girl only. What's more?" I rolled my eyes.
"It's said that Kaal loves her, and the girl is merely twenty-one while her mother in law is in hospital," he informed and I was baffled.

A twenty-one-year-old girl who has a mother in law? What's Kaal up to?

"I want complete information, not half baked ones," I ordered my informer and hung up the call.

KIARA

I reached the hospital and was walking through the corridors like a dead zombie. My mind was completely blank as I was thinking of nothing at that moment. Maybe because now I knew, that what I had to do.

I reached in front of Aai's ward. Rita aunty was waiting for me maybe because as I reached she stood up.

"Kiara, where have you been?" She walked to me and asked.
"Somewhere important," I replied to her in a monotone, without even looking at her.
"Your Aai is conscious right now. She wants to meet you," she told me.
I monotonously nodded and walked into the ward.

The moment I entered the ward, my eyes fell on Aai. She looked lifeless, lying on that bed, looking at me. I sighed as I walked towards her and sat beside her.

"Hey," I muttered as I held Aai's hand.
She looked at me with her lifeless Aai.

"You don't have to worry, Aai. I have arranged a donor for you, you will be fine after the transplant," I tell her, with a smile on my face.

"By... By keeping... Keeping what... At stake," she muttered, in a feeble voice.
I looked in the other direction. I couldn't face her.

"Ans... Answer, Kiara..." She stammered again.
"Myself," I closed my eyes when I replied.
"Wh... What?" She was shocked.

"Yes. He wants me to be his wife," I replied, looking at her.
"Tell me, you... You said... Said no," she asked, looking at me.

"I said yes. He wants me to be his wife. So I will be. I will be the Mafia's Vengeful Wife."