4) Insecurities

"What is it? One moment you were extremely happy meeting me and the next moment you termed me an acquaintance. Why so?", he asked me, curiously.

"Nothing, really! Just some jitters. I am excited, you see!", I tried sounding chirpy. The very next second, he came closer to me. Our distance reduced and I started feeling uneasy and apprehensive. I could not meet his eyes and jammed it to the floor. "You're not the same Nikki I left behind.", he said. Please God, end this thing right here, I'll not be able to take anymore exams and prove myself. I have had enough of it already and if he tries building contacts with me, I'll just burst out.

"Let's go", He said and left the place while I was still.

"But where?"

"I'll drop you home. Come", He replied.

Oh no no, Kanha ji, what are you upto. Had I known this would happen today, I wouldn't have stepped out of my house.

"No actually, drop me to...the JB cafe. I'll have to go to the college from there...for some work", I fumbled upon my words. God, teach me how to lie, please!!

"Sure, come", he continued his way straight outside. I know I so pissed him in the first meeting itself. Why can't I be normal?

We two walked till his car. He opened the door for me. Gentleman! Boy, he looked handsome. His hair going with the flow of the wind. He was hot, no doubt. He sat on the driver seat and looked at me. "Done checking me out?", He sounded normal. Thank God, he wasn't angry anymore.

"Checking out who? You? You think so high of yourself?", I rolled out my eyes at being caught.

"So, tell me! Why these bunch of lies? What's stopping you?"

"I told you na, it's nothing...", I continued to speak but he didn't let me complete.

"Look Nikki! Do anything you want, but never lie to me ever. I hate betrayals. I've been in this business world, I know far how much words matter. One lie can bring you from riches to rags. I can bear a bullet but not a back stab. You get it?", He taught me, he warned me to be precise. Why does he has to act so mature every time. I'm grown up, for God's sake.

I nodded as an obedient child. 

"Good, now tell me what is it? Truths only", He was soft, thankfully.

"Actually...don't judge me when you hear this. My parents won't like this, if I continue meeting you often. I made up in my mind to make this our last meeting. That's why I preferred calling you an acquaintance to you in front of my friends. I tried avoiding you thinking that this would make you back off. But you were still waiting for me...", he again cut me in between and said," And why won't you parents like this?"

No, I can't tell him the truth. 

"It has been years, you know and they haven't seen each other for a long long time. They must become a bit awkward if they got to know it from somewhere that we're meeting. That would put a bad impression", I tried sounding genuine, but it was a lame answer I realised.

He bought that shit. Yeyyy!

"That's not something big as a problem. We can make out something....a surprise meeting or anything. What say? Both our families will be delighted to meet after so long.", He gave a smile, finally. It wasn't a bad idea. 8 years ain't less in any way. And who knows my parents might have forgotten the cause of dispute. It was ecstatic. I was jumping again. Everything will be like before. How I love his ways of handling things!

"Really? We're really going to do this? Everything will be normal now? Are you serious? Yeyeyy, This calls for a party!", Riyaansh cracked a laughter on watching me.

He took me to the JB cafe near my college and we occupied our tables. 

"What do you want to eat?", He asked.

"An ice-cream, please", I replied merrily

"You're not allowed. You're allergic to it.", My eyes widened at this.

"How do you know this? No, I'm not allergic, who said?", I said quickly.

"Not again Shally. I know this since childhood..." I didn't let him complete.

"Please please, it's my victory treat. I am bound to eat anything I wish. Please na", I gave him puppy eyes.

"Which flavour? Chocolate or chocolate?", He knew this? Woww. I possibly knew nothing about him, but he knew even my slightest details. I gave him a warm smile displaying my gratitude and respect towards him.

We sat down eating. 

"So? You thought about anything? How to execute this out?", I asked grabbing the Sundae.

"I thought so. Let's bring them to a common place and act as if what-a-coincidence.",He said

"Ayyy, what a splendid idea boy. Stay with me some more till you get a better brain.", I teased him. He was so mature that I almost felt useless in front of him.

"Bring them to the Ambience Mall tomorrow. Will you?", He asked.

"Yes sir, as you say. I'll be there by 1:00 pm tomorrow and then we can officially exchange our numbers.", I gave him a wink.

"You're still petulant", he laughed. 

Yeyyy, finally finally!! Everything will be on track soon. Our families would be friends again. There'll be no misapprehensions and conflicts anymore. Thank you Krishna ji. Thank you. Riyaansh is still my saviour. You've returned him back to me. Now I won't have problems. I'll not be hiding things from him anymore. I've been unnecessarily getting tensed.

Next day

I managed to come home early from college with some excuse. It was my turn to put my plan into action. I know Riyaansh would surely have worked out something on his side. I went outside to the hall. My parents were relaxing there. My mother was shelling peas while my father was reading the headlines. I quietly came and sat on the adjacent sofa.

"Mom, are you busy today?", I asked

"No, say. You want something?", Mum understood my intentions.

"Mom, there's a sale going on in the Ambience mall. The Arrow shirts are just for Rs. 499. Levi's got even cheaper. I think we should not let it go. Dad! You anyway wanted a new shirt na?", I begged with a doll face.

"But Nikki, now? I mean we'd definitely go but isn't it too quick. You should have informed us before.", My mother said in her concerned tone.

"Mom, please, the offer will end at 5:00 pm today. I have shortlisted a dress for myself. I don't want it to get sold out. Please mum.", I sat on the floor holding her hands. I've never acted so desperate for a dress ever in my life. Haha, I prayed it did not seemed over dramatic.

"If our baby girl wants it, so be it. It's been long we've hanged out together. Come Nikki beta", I hugged my dad, trampling his foot many times while I was jumping. I'm overenthusiastic kind of person. Lol

Hey friends, How did you find this update till now. Finally both the families are meeting! Excited? Do vote and comment. It motivates a lot.