Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I'll go wherever she goes," she promised.

Alexander sighed. "Just because I let her stay here does it not mean I trust her with everything."

"I know," I agreed, and walked toward him where he was stood. "I promise I will be careful. I just want to see my friends."

"The last time that happened, you left me," he reminded me, his voice low.

When I reached him, I wrapped my arms around his waist. He was too tall for me to reach his neck, so I settled for his waist.

Alexander's arm wrapped around me on their own accord, he pulled me closer in to him.

"I told you there won't be a repeat of last time," I assured him. "I need to speak with Jaxon. Plus, if it eases your worries, I can ask Zynthéa to come along too."

My mate pondered for a second or two, before he sighed lightly.

"Fine," Alexander agreed, his hand stroking my hair gently. "You can go see him whilst I attend to this meeting. I will come and get you after."

"Thank you," I beamed, standing on my tip toes to peck his cheek.

Alexander tried to pull me in to him again, but I pulled away and strutted towards Ava. At the exact same time, Dyami and Adam entered the house.

Zynthéa was waiting outside and when I glanced at her, she waved in return and gestured for us to go to her.

Ava opened the glass door for us to leave, and just as I was exiting, Alexander's voice in my head made me jump in surprise.

'Lyra?'

"Are you okay?" Ava asked, worried, when she noticed my sudden action.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I responded, turning my head enough to glance at my mate.

'Yes?'

'Be careful.'

Smiling, I gave him a single nod. 'I will call you if anything happens.'

'That's my girl. I will be with you as soon as I can.'

I sent him a light wave, before turning on my heels. I joined the pair of girls as we headed toward the underground.

"The way he looks at you," Ava commented, and glanced back. "It's like he has never been with anyone else."

My mate's sister chuckled. "That's because he hasn't," she added, shrugging.

Ava gasped dramatically. "You are kidding!"

When Zynthéa shook her head, my best friend whistled.

"I'll pretend I believe that," she agreed. "With those looks, there is no way he has never been with anyone."

Clearing my throat, I shifted uncomfortably. Ava glanced at me apologetically and didn't press on the topic any further.

The topic bothered me. With how good Alexander had been in bed, it made me doubt I was his first too. But, it was frustrating to hear about him and other females.