Chapter Eleven

ALEXANDER
______________

Lyra Dane.

Joseph's pup.

My mate.

The words kept replaying in my head as if I struggled to believe them. I had actually found her.

She was more beautiful than I would have ever imagined. Her soft curly hazelnut hair fell just past her shoulders, bringing focus on her big captivating emerald green eyes.

They had drawn me to her the second that my eyes had laid on her. She had a perfectly rounded face so full of mystery.

There was a lot about her that I was eager to learn. She appeared gentle and soft, with a fiery personality. I was proud to call her mine, my mate.

But she didn't trust me, and I didn't blame her after how my idiot members had forcefully taken her from her pack, which had now proven to be in my favour.

Her Wolf wanted mine, but Lyra was being difficult.

After she had mentioned my past, it had made me understand her feistiness a bit better. Gabriel had fed her lies and she had only heard about me killing Wolves. The thought was disappointing. She should have at least listened to her Wolf.

After I had given her some space, and myself some time to think through her words, I had returned back to her in her new room.

Instead of wearing the piece of ivory fabric dress, Lyra was now wearing a pair of grey joggers with an oversized cropped t-shirt that didn't reveal any skin. Even in such plain clothes, she appeared breath taking.

"Hello," I muttered, quickly taking my seat by the window.

I didn't want to leave her out of my sight, so I had brought my work from the office with me. Lyra didn't respond to my greeting, but I could feel her eyes on me.

To not make her feel uncomfortable, I decided to focus on the papers on my lap, flicking through the sheets.

When her gaze on me intensified, my Wolf purred and I couldn't hold myself together anymore.

Maybe something bothered her. "Do you need anything?"

A crimson red shade coated the paleness on her cheeks, and she quickly darted her gaze elsewhere, completely ignoring me once again.

I fought the urge to chuckle, knowing it wasn't the right mood for it. She infuriated me, but also brought light to my life.

"What is that?" she hesitantly asked, eyeing down at the papers on my lap.

I was surprised at her sudden interest in my pack affairs. It was a positive sign.

"Pack work. I have to look over these files every few days to make sure everything is running smoothly."

Her eyes remained on the papers for a few seconds before she nodded her head, as if she finally understood what I told her. I was proud of her already.

"Do you want to take a look?" I asked and returned my gaze back on the papers. "It would be a good start as the Luna."

My Wolf purred in happiness as the word exited my mouth.

Although, I hadn't really pondered on the idea of having a mate, the reality of having one made me realise why Wolves were so eager to find their other half. I wanted Lyra all the time, even if I had just met her.

She was mine. And the thought of sharing her with another Alpha, not to mention my enemy, brought a sour taste to my mouth.

When a loud knock echoed in the room, I snapped my gaze up at the presence of my beta. I had felt him before he had knocked, so I wasn't surprised to see him.