Chapter Twelve

ALEXANDER
______________

"Three Wolves you said," I told Dyami as soon as I joined him outside of the pack house. "Do we know who they are?"

Dyami shook his head. "I'm not sure. They weren't too happy about getting captured."

I scoffed at his words. "What were they expecting? For us to invite them for dinner?"

My beta didn't find amusement in my words, his face remained hard as he lead us toward the underground prison.

Dyami took his post very seriously most of the time, with the last incident being the odd time he had done something irresponsible, but I admired his workforce.

"They want her, Xander," he declared, giving me a side glance. "It was all they talked about."

I sent him a glare. "Well, they will be disappointed to know she is not going anywhere."

A crease formed on the boy's forehead, but he remained quiet. We remained in silence for the rest of the way to the underground prison, where we were greeting by Adam and a couple of other men from the pack.

"They're not happy," Adam said, running up to me as soon as he noticed me.

I arched a brow. "They trespassed and entered my land."

The curly haired boy bowed his head and didn't say anything else, instead he followed by my side as I entered the gates to the underground.

After walking down a couple of stairs, I came to the entrance of the prison cells where the three Wolves were captured.

When I walked towards the three Wolves, I took in their appearance. One of the three seemed familiar but I couldn't remember from where. He had soft curls hanging on his forehead.

The other boy, with dark short hair, was sat with his back against the wall. Near him, cuddled up, was a small female with auburn hair. I narrowed my eyes at the trio, not understanding what they wanted with my mate.

As if on cue, the curly haired boy snarled at me. "You must be Alexander."

I arched a brow, not expecting him to call me by name, with no respect. "Correct. I can not say I know you, though. Your name?"

The boy scoffed. "As if I would tell you. Give our friend back before this feud gets dirty."

Dyami growled at the boy. "You better watch your words, dog. We could have already killed your so called friend by now."

"Where is she?" the boy asked, his gaze hard on me. "If you have hurt as much as a hair on her head, I swear to you, I will murder every member of your pack."

My Wolf growled loudly at his words. How dare a low irrelevant Wolf from the enemy pack threaten me and my pack in my territory. Then I was curious at how concerned he seemed about my mate.

"Your friend," I sneered at him. "Is not going anywhere with you. She is staying here, where she belongs."

That earned me a growl from the boy. "No, the fuck she isn't!"

"Jaxon," the girl in the same cell as the boy hardly whispered.

The boy, Jaxon, snarled at the girl, probably from exposing him, but she didn't back down. I watched in amusement at the pair.

"I'm not leaving here until we have Lyra. She is going back with us," he spat, turning his gaze back on me.

"Listen, pup," I began saying, running a hand over my temple. "I do not know where your confidence is coming from but your safety is not even guaranteed. You have trespassed my territory and hurt my people!"