"Isn't that a bit soon?" Shikamaru asked, brow raised.

Naruto shrugged.

"Depends on what your definition of what soon is," the blonde drawled, "its not soon enough in my opinion."

"But you do realize-"

"That a buncha shit's gonna be rushed and people might get mad, yeah but we already talked about this. Me and Hinata, we want to get married in August. I hope everyone can come, but we can't wait any longer."

"Can't wait?" Nara repeated.

"Any...particular reason for the rush we should know about?" Kakashi asked, his dark eyes moving pointedly to Hinata's tummy.

To say she was mortified was an understatement.

"N-N-No!" she burst, crimson suffusing her face, lavender eyes stretched wide, "N-Naruto-kun and I- w-we just..."

"Its nothing like that." Naruto assured them, "We just don't wanna wait a whole year to be married, 'ttebayo,"

Kakashi gave a sheepish look.

"Oh, sorry about that," the Hokage apologized to the still flustered woman, "I didn't mean to embarrass you, or to imply anything...inappropriate."

"T-That's alright, Hokage-sama. I-I supposed that is a...logical conclusion to come to, considering the abruptness of our marriage day,"

A bashful chuckle left his lips. Naruto wondered if everyone was gonna think the same thing once news got out. With the scrutiny they lived under, he had no doubt whispers of a little Naruto in the making was going to pop up.

"What are our chances of having everybody off that day?"

"Hmm," the Rokudaime hummed thoughtfully.

A few moments passed.

"Better than they were a few months ago," he finally answered, "If this decline in jubokko attacks continues, it shouldn't pose too big an issue to match schedules for that day. Which reminds me."

Once again, he turned dark eyes to the lone female among them.

"The village has been fully repaired, and from the last report, everyone there is just fine. Thank you for your hard work on the mission," he was smiling behind that mask again.

Hinata returned it, the relief in her eyes palatable. That was the end of that incident he concluded. Yuma was fine, the villagers were fine and their home repaired. The Hokage felt her work there was more than satisfactory. All there was left was to take these components and heal the cracks in her heart.

"Thank you, Hokage-sama," she murmured.

"Now, before we start Hinata's assessment, there's information we need to discuss."

Blonde brows crinkled. Information?

"Regarding what?" he asked, "is it-"

Kakashi held up a hand.

"Not here," the older man said, "Just follow us,"

He started down the hall and the trio of younger folk fell into step a few paces behind their leader. This gave him the opportunity he needed.

"So what was up with Kiba the other night?" the blonde questioned.

"The usual," Shikamaru shrugged, "too much to drink and not enough brain cells."

"Shikamaru-san-"

"I know I know, don't call idiots idiots," the Hokage's adviser huffed without heat, "sorry, Hinata."