Chapter 21: Love has no limits

Start from the beginning

George vanishing wasn't helping the situation either. The moments they'd spent together had become the few strands of light in his other, rather miserable life. It got harder and harder to keep going. 

The absurdity of it all was the worst. He knew that George wasn't a bad person, yet it felt as though that day proved just how little Clay had known about him. Still, he wasn't angry and loved the brunette just as much as before. 

But maybe his love wasn't as reciprocated as he'd thought. Because how could you so easily abandon someone you claimed to love? Not even a text to show that he was alive. That was another fear that slowly had appeared during the days after the revelation that someone paid Noah, Luke and Dave to attack George. 

What if he was dead?

Clay refused to accept that until he got proof but he couldn't help but worry. He wanted to go back to their meetings in the park. Back to the light feeling that always entered his body when he was around the brunette. 

He wanted back to the one person that made everything bad about the world disappear for a while.

He'd just left his house after countless of insults had been thrown his way. As usual, the park was his goal. The sky caught his attention and made him curse under his breath. Dark clouds was forming in the distance, so rain was to be awaited.

He found his way to the park and sat down on a bench. He emptied his bag and began searching for his science book. They had a test in just a few days but Clay had completely stopped caring about school. In the midst of all this chaos, he'd been given plenty of time to think and one thing was crystal clear: There was no way in hell he'd spend more years than necessary in a classroom. Everything was more appealing than to continue studying. Maybe something like the military would be a good idea. It wasn't his ultimate dream, but it'd at least relieve him from shit like science-exams.

Time passed slowly and his frustration grew for every minute he forced himself to study. George had been the only one that possibly could make him understand enough to pass, but that boy was nowhere to be found. 

He gave up when the light was getting lower. It was late in the evening and the clouds had gotten closer. He found some trees and braced himself for an unpleasant night. His hoodie was covering his head to try and contain the warmth for as long as possible. It would most likely not result in much sleep but he figured that it was better to try and get some sleep before it started raining.

Though, the peacefulness was soon disturbed by the sound of someone running as if their life depended on it. Clay stayed where he was, afraid that it could be someone you wouldn't want to mess with. It was too dark to distinguish any details of the person but they crashed down on a bench not too far away from him. The person couldn't have noticed him. They were obviously out of breath and their body language showed clear signs of distress. 

Curiosity got the best of him. So, Clay got up as quietly as possible to try and get a closer look at his companion. It wasn't too difficult because the person sat with his head in his hands and seemed completely occupied by his own thoughts.

Clay stopped breathing as he got a closer look at the person. The figure was all too familiar. 

He still hadn't noticed Clay's presence and Clay didn't want to startled him, who clearly was not well. So he tried his best to remain quiet as he got closer.

"So, here's where Mr. Notfound has been this entire time."

George flew up from the bench and landed on the ground. He scanned the area in terror. George looked about the same as the last time Clay saw him, except for the fact that his face exposed the mental fatigue. It was a clear contrast compared to the brunette's usually so composed facade.