Chapter 2: the walking dead

Start from the beginning

Harry and Daryl appeared on the roof, and predictably, Daryl immediately began gagging, Harry moved them briskly away from the edge of the building, he didn't want him to fall over in his disorientated state. He shoved him into sitting position on the pipes Merle was attached too. When he actually turned to see if the guy was alright he actually gagged himself. He was cutting his own hand off, his stomach rebelled dangerously, but he managed to keep his composure.

"Damn it Merle, what the hell are you doing?" Harry snapped, grasping the saw from him, flinging it beside the other tools spelling the delirious man asleep. Preventing him from doing further damage. The blood was pouring down his slightly severed hand. He hadn't gotten too far thankfully, but it was far enough, not only was he out in this blazing heat but he was losing blood fast. Cursing violently, he grabbed his trunk, opened it and rummaged through the second compartment which held his potions kit, he found the yellowish liquid, flicking his wand he used a cleaning spell, then a disinfecting spell began to sprinkle Essence of Dittany it on the wound, causing new skin to spread over his wrist, stopping the majority of the bleeding until it stopped altogether. Capping the remaining potion, he couldn't allow accidents to happen, he had to keep what he had safe and secure, not that it could happen due to the fact he had spelled them unbreakable. Still he hadn't actually tested the reliability of what the spell could withstand and he wasn't about to.

Daryl knew better than to interrupt Harry when he was doing magic, but regardless he paced around them, his face tense as he made sure they were safe, crossbow raised defensively mostly at the door where the walkers were groaning and snarling unable to get to them, he was also pacing restlessly wanting to know whether his brother was safe or not.

"He's been doing drugs," Harry hissed out in displeasure. He had put everyone's life in danger to take bloody drugs? It explained the erratic behaviour. Or rather more erratic than normal, drowsing Merle in water, causing him to gasp, in shock at the abrupt temperature shift but remained asleep. Harry continued on letting the water wash over Merle, he was in definite need of it.

"He can't have," Daryl snapped angrily, defending his brother.

"No? powder clumped up his nose, cocaine will be my best bet, he's as I thought, suffering from sunstroke, he has a fever, and added with blood loss, I'm surprised he was able to saw his own hand as much as he did." Harry informed him, "Alohomora," with a click the handcuffs unlocked, and Merle's hand fell against the ground. "Ferula!" with that bandages wrapped securely around Merle's head. He glanced up at the sound of the door banging, but the walkers weren't in just trying to open it more urgently. "Accio handcuffs key," if flew from the drain and into his hand, who knows when they might come in handy. He slid them in his trunk, before gazing back at the sopping wet yet still asleep

"The guns?" Daryl asked abruptly changing the subject; his brother must have found the drugs somewhere, probably while scavenging. He certainly didn't have a dealer anymore to get himself some - not since the world had gone to hell.

"It's got to be within my range," Harry admitted from where he crouched, wiping his forehead, despite the cooling charm he still sweated like there was no tomorrow. "What was his name again...Rick..."

"Grimes," Daryl finished for him, glancing at his unconscious brother, he knew he would be fine, Harry hadn't lied to him yet, and he doubted he would start. Not over as something as important as this, and from what information Harry had revealed, which wasn't much, he hated being lied to and lying and Daryl could sense the truth in the way he said it and how his eyes had darkened, he'd been lied to a lot in his life.

"Accio Rick Grimes gun bag," Harry summoned, standing up, putting the vial back in its right place, before absently removing two others, and closing the trunk and shrinking it.

"Ante nobody mention a gun bag," Daryl said staring at Harry shrewdly.

"What else is he going to put guns in?" Harry retorted smirking wryly, before soaking Merle again, doing what he could to keep his temperature down. "Does he have drugs on him and I don't mean right now?" there was one thing he had 'failed' to mention, or rather just omitted...hell even just not told them, they hadn't asked so he hadn't had a reason to lie. He had read their minds; he had seen Glenn's memories and thoughts while speaking to him earlier. He'd been watching Rick when he dropped the bag and slid into the tank as what looked like a million walkers surrounded him. It was pure luck they'd gotten him out of the mess intact.

"Of course he does," Daryl snorted.

"No wonder he's all over the place, you do realise he's going to get himself and probably you killed if he continues taking this shit. It slows your reaction time, if the going gets tough he won't be able to defend himself." Harry shook his head, "In this new dangerous world, there's no room for error." despite the fact he'd walked to his own death to save the magical world, he didn't want to die, and damn it he didn't want Merle or Daryl to die either.

"The only thing that can kill Merle is Merle," Daryl said, "He's the toughest son of a bitch I know."

Harry chuckled half in disbelief and half amused, flicking his wand he shrank the trunk and slid it back into the safety of his pockets. Just then he heard it, the distant thrum of pressure in the air and the hum of his magic. A few seconds later the black bag zoomed into view, falling with a loud thud on the roof floor at their feet. Opening the bag he rifled through it, "Not a single silencer," he snorted, all the guns there would make loud ass noises. "Not that silencers can really do that much good." he sighed zipping the bag back up. Well except his, but they were imbued with magic, to aid in the silencing of the bullets as they were ejected. Muggle silencers didn't actually supress the sound of a gunshot just made it less loud.

"I'm going to do some scavenging, you staying here?" Harry asked Daryl, seeing the look on his face he elaborated, "I'll only be about five minutes, and then I'll be back. Just going to see if there's anything useful, I'll ward the door so if anything tries to come through I'll know and I can Apparate right back, I need to stock up on more food,' (you never did know when you'd find shops that are actually stocked with anything these days) 'and bring some back for the rest," the grimace on his face spoke volumes. See if they hadn't had kids with them...Harry would have let them starve for the way they'd been treating the three of them. Him, Daryl and Merle.

Daryl just nodded sitting next to his brother his body and crossbow facing the door keeping them both protected, it was the only entrance the walkers could use to get in after all. Daryl heard some noise behind him, but before he could turn around to investigate, Harry spoke.

"Here, keep this on him, it will cool him down and shield him some more from the sun," Harry said handing over a soaking wet blanket he'd transfigured from a bit of his now ripped vest. The blanket was obviously a great deal larger than the rip he'd made but he'd had to use something to transfigure it. With that he stepped back out of reach and Apparated.

Daryl watched him go; bright blue eyes filled with worry but held no fear that Harry would not return. He could defend himself better than even he and Merle could, and that was without magic - never mind what he could do with it.