Chapter 2: the walking dead

Start from the beginning

"Got your keys?" Harry shouted back.

"They're in the cab," Daryl said pointing towards his truck; it's not as if they had to worry about anyone stealing the cars - at least they hadn't so far. Pretty soon the gas would run dry again, and eventually there wouldn't be anything left to siphon off, then the cars, RV and Trucks would be abandoned and they'd be walking, unless they got really lucky, but luck didn't feature into Daryl's thoughts, ever.

"Then let's go," Harry nodded his agreement, watching Daryl pick up his crossbow from the fire pit they'd made. He slung it over his shoulder and walked towards the car, glaring at the others as he did so.

"I should come," Rick said wandering over once more, arms at his sides as if he was about to go on a long winding discussion.

"You're life isn't worth Merle Dixons even with the guns thrown in!" Lori exclaimed, shaking her head at her husband. All the while Shane just scoffed from where he had his arms crossed in annoyance from where he leaned against Dale's RV.

"Lori..." Rick said, staring at her.

"Don't go dad," Carl said, his doleful eyes staring up at him.

Harry had slid away as soon as Rick had turned to stare at his wife, jogging over to the truck, sliding in closing the door quietly before nodding grimly to Daryl to start the car. Only once they were on the move did he tap the panel of the car door. "Well that was close; I didn't think I was going to get rid of him. He says he had guns to collect, it should be easy to summon them when we get to Merle."

Daryl didn't reply, just continued to drive as fast as he could, occasionally biting his nails - Harry didn't even think he was consciously aware he was doing it. Nerves, that's what it was, Daryl was worried about his brother.

He observed Daryl opening his mouth from the side mirror which was improperly positioned, "Drive until we are well away from the quarry and you're positive Dale won't see us," Harry said as he rolled down the window absently fixing the side mirror, not even needing Daryl to say anything to know what he was about to ask. He had come to know the Dixon brothers very well over the past few months.

Daryl drove for another ten minutes before he abruptly veered into the woods, continuing to drive but slowly until he was sure his truck was completely out of view. Opening his door, he got out, still standing on the cab floor he gazed around him, before nodded in satisfaction. The truck was definitely hidden; nobody would be able to see the truck all the way up the quarry, not with it hidden behind trees.

"You'll need to take my hand," Harry informed him, "Or give me your wrist, which ever you prefer." he knew Merle was extremely prejudice against gays, although honestly, Harry had yet to find anything that he wasn't prejudice about. He hated life in general, got a kick out of mentally scarring people, also beating folk to a pulp, yet part of his personality was actually quite funny, Harry just tended to overlook or actually say something to Merle if he went too far. He wasn't sure if Daryl imitated his brother in his belief's or truly believed them himself. Daryl definitely looked up to his big brother.

Daryl didn't even blink, just held out his arm, staring curiously, it wouldn't be the first time he'd seen magic done, but it would be the first time he'd actually been transported anywhere.

"Fair warning this is going to feel extremely weird, keep your eyes closed, hold your breath." Harry cautioned, "You will feel as though you're being sucked through a tube for a few seconds. You might also feel extremely sick or actually empty the contents of your stomach." once he'd warned him he grasped a hold of his firm wrist and Apparated them, not even waiting to see if Daryl did what he suggested. He didn't think he would though, they were going into possible hostile territory, and the place could be swarming with walkers. If they were...he would have no choice but to get them the hell out of there immediately, he wasn't going to risk their lives not for someone who would be beyond anyone's help.