CHAPTER 39. Perfect

Start from the beginning

"She was kidnapped," Fin said helpfully.

The werewolf crossed his arms and scoffed. "Some harem you are,"

My eyes went wide and Cross narrowed his eyes at the young man.

"What do you know about my sister?" Cyprus asked slowly.

The werewolf paused and looked at the dragon. "A lot, I'm one of her only friends, and Faith tells me all the shit," he paused and glared at all the vampires in the room, except me. "Shitty douchebags," he hissed and then gave me a thumbs up. "You're a cute cinnamon roll though,"

I blushed and looked down.

"Shitty?" Lion growled in anger and the werewolf raised his hands.

"Well yeah, you're all motherfucking assholes," he said coldly and put his hands on his hips. "Poor Raven,"

River scoffed. "What do you think you know? Mind your business and leave,"

The werewolf laughed. "Hah! I know plenty, in my opinion, Faith is the only one who deserves Raven. Raven called Faith because you were all ignoring her and even ran away from home, she was there for her, not you. As I said, motherfucking assholes,"

Cyprus looked intrigued by the werewolf and narrowed his eyes around the room as the police watched in silent interest. "Really? Tell me more,"

The werewolf shrugged. "From what I heard they never listen to her either, bet this whole thing could of been avoided-"

Dune suddenly gasped. "Listnened to her!"

Cross ran a hand through his hair and stood. "Fucking Kayla,"

River paled and the werewolf waved his lollipop around. "Glad to be of service," he bowed and grinned boyishly.

Cyprus gazed at the werewolf. "I think you ought to stick around, since you seem smarter than every one else in this room,"

A blush filled the werewolf's face. "Uh, y-yes! I can be of great use!"

Cross snorted beside me. "I'm sure you fucking can," he glanced at my face and slowly touched my curly hair. "We're going to find her, and she's going to be fine, Faith too,"

I nodded weakly and closed my eyes. Please be okay... Raven and Faith.

Raven's pov

  "What is this?" I asked softly as we finished walking down long halls, and the necromancer stopped in front of a large door.

Faith glanced at me in worry and shifted my weight as she helped steady me.

He turned and looked at the blond human holding me. "She will stay behind,"

I inhaled sharply and Faith glared at the necromancer, gripping my arm tighter. "It's fine Faith... I don't want you hurt," I said under my breath.

Faith trembled and slowly slid her arm out from under mine. She stepped back and watched me stumble before standing upright, biting her lips anxiously.

"Show me then," I said coldly and the necromancer smiled, opening the door. I hesitantly stepped into the dark room and flinched when the door closed and he flicked on a light.

My eyes blew wide and I stared in utter horror. A room of shelves, each space holding a colored jar with... hearts.

Hundreds of them.

I placed my hand over my mouth and felt my stomach churn. "Why...?"

I flinched as the man moved behind me, and I watched his hand touch my stomach and slowly make it's way up, over where my heart was. "I want... to make you one, a new heart,"

I flinched away from him, eyes wide. "No, I don't want-" my chest heaved as my breath caught in my throat.

His insane glowing black eyes disgusted me. They shouldn't glow that way, that unique show of power, belonged to the dragon.

Vampires were similar, but different in so many ways. No other creature should look like that, and the necromancer certainly should never.

"You don't understand," he shook his head and moved towards me slowly with open arms. "You need to be perfect-"

"I'm already fucking perfect," I hissed and glanced at the rows of hearts. "I want nothing to do with your insane idea of perfection,"

He seemed thoughtful before he shook his head and sighed. "You'll understand, you're made for me, everything about you, is mine."

I swallowed and was unable to hold my tongue. "I belong to me, and I was most certainly not made for a monster who is no longer a natural creature of this world." I spat.

He smiled a wide terrifying smile that had me backing up. He looked at his hand before gazing at me as my back hit the sturdy shelf behind me. "Then why do I have such a hold over your magic?"

I shifted, unsure to what he meant, but knew it was nothing good. "Because you stole it," I bit out and gripped the shelf behind me anxiously when he advanced towards me.

"Yes, but that doesn't make it any less mine," he murmured and I knew I need to push away to instinct to run.

I was too tired, too drained, I wouldn't get anywhere. I'd only waste the strength I had left. I needed to bide my time, or I would have no chance.

He grabbed my wrist and I strained, pathetically pulling at his tight hold. "Stop," I told him and felt a scream leave my lips when he placed my hand on his chest.

Those shadows also screeched, whether in pain or delight, I wasn't sure. My magic surged up within me and the necromancer smiled as my eyes glowed brightly in the dark room.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered in awe as I writhed in agony, going limp against the shelf, blood sliding down my nose and across my top lip.

"Please stop," I begged and the shelves in the room began to quake.

His hand tightened over my wrist and he pressed himself against me, forehead touching mine. Glass shattered his laughter filled the room. "Perhaps you are right," his glowing eyes met mine. "You are perfect,"