3) Rejoicing and regrets

Start from the beginning

"By the way, who was that hot guy asking you out?", Rohan asked sarcastically

"An acquaintance, just.", I lied.

I saw Riyaansh sitting and staring at me. I gave him a weak smile and continued to focus on my friends. But my focus went the wrong side everytime. I saw him again, he was ordering something to the waiter. God! Why did I not noitce it before. He was devil handsome. Ayy, the last I saw him, he did not get the beard, but now! He's got a complete look transformation while I am still the same ugly, ranting bitch. His smooth hair floating in the air, his deep brown eyes...he could kill anybody with his strong stare. He was decorated with brands from head to toe. His way of carrying himself, his posture, his personality, everything!! Why didn't I ask him if he had a girlfriend? "Shut up Shally, you're shooting blindly in the air, it ain't gonna land up anywhere, Haha", I mentally scolded myself and laughed over the fact that I was checking out Riyaansh.

It was getting late, but Riyaansh did not plan to move. His friends left long back but he was there. It was obvious he might be waiting for me. I wanted this party to continue like this till infinity. I had no courage to get back to my old tracks. Why does this past shit even exists.  

"Let get going guys, Adi and Arpita left already and I am getting late for my society meetings.", Rohan said

"Yes ofcourse, Shally, help me pack my stuff here and then let's leave", I gave a smile and got up, helping her with the gifts she got and asking the waiter for the bill.

"Your bill is already paid ma'am" I and Akshita both looked at each other, confused. "Who paid for it? I did not. Neither did you or Tarun.", Akshita questioned looking at me, stupefied. "It's the person on table 28 in black shirt. He asked me to bring the bill to him", the waiter replied and left the spot.

Tarun had gone to take out the car, while I and Akshita were discussing about Riyaansh.

"Who is he? He is just an acquaintance to you, na? Who pays the whole bill of a birthday party of an acquaintance. Let's go and thank him. It was a huge sum. I'll pay him back if he allows", Akshita said, kinda tensed. I, who was trying to avoid him for hours, had to go to him to thank him. Seriously Kanha ji? 

"Let's just go na Akshita. It's good that he paid afterall. Give me another treat with that money, okay. Let's leave!", I replied hesitantly

"Don't get selfish Shally. We can't leave just like that without even acknowledging him about this. I am going, follow me if you wish.", she left for Riyaansh immediately.

F*ck f*ck f*ck

I ran behind her. 

"Excuse me sir. Did you just pay my bill? The waiter said it was you who settled it", Akshita asked him courteously.

"Umm, yeah. Shally deserved a treat from my side for our meeting, but she was in so much hurry that we could not even have a coffee together. So, I am sorry if you did not like that, I thought of paying off for what she eats...what all of you eat, actually, yeah", Riyaansh gave his killer smile to Akshita. Is it trying to hit on her? Ugghh, Why would I care? I ain't jealous, FYI readers :|

"No sir, please. Allow me to pay you back. It's not an easy sum of money and you did not need to...you're just an acquaintance for her afterall", Akshita said and my eyes popped out listening to her. Riyaansh eyes fell on me with a baffled expression.

I tried to make up for it,"Umm, we just met after long, Akshita. I know him very well. Who told you this? Rohan na? He's jealous, I know. I told you na, he has a crush on me...see" Now it was Akshita who looked at me with confusion. I did not let her speak this time. "Thank you Mr. Agnihotri. Thanks for your generous behaviour, we are getting late for an event actually and we will catch you soon anytime later", I spoke in a very formal tone, so that Akshita did not get a load of questions for me.

"Are you sure a thank you would work?", I heard him say as I turned back. 

"Do you want something else?", Akshita chirped, dying in guilt and shame because someone payed off her bill. Come on girl, grow up.

"Of course, ask Shally to come with me. I hope you will not eat me raw for this, because it's your birthday and she is supposed to be with you. And please cook up something on behalf of her for that event.", He spoke with such sincerity that I melted away. He has always been like this, caring and sensitive. Oh, how I love it that he is back. Stop it Shally. You wanna get crucified again?

"Yeah yeah, why not! We don't have any event or anything. It was her made up story. Go with him Shally. I am so sorry to disturb you before, when you were having a conversation with each other. This is surely worth a penalty from my side. Shally please enjoy and thank you again Mr. Agnihotri!", Akshita just spoiled my plan.I will deal with her properly. She just ruined my plans and spoke out everything to Riyaansh. Is she my bff or his? Now, I'll have to face his wrath. I was busy thinking how to frame all my lies when I saw Akshita leaving with Tarun in his car. Shit, why is this girl so cheesy?

"So, Ms. Ahuja? Can you please describe what were you saying about that event?", He asked, his expressions turning serious .

"Umm, it was...maybe it slipped out of Akshita's mind. It..", He stopped me by putting a finger to my lips. It sent shivers. "Are you avoiding me? What happened out of a sudden?"

I was dumbstruck.

How did you find this update friends! Do comment down and tell me. And please vote for it if you liked it! Also comment down below if you want Riyaansh's POV.