𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 - 𝘌𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘦

Start from the beginning

My eyes widening I realise he is still waiting for an answer but my brain is short circuiting. I can't like him, look what happened last time. No, this is not happening. It is not happening.

"I cleaned. My dinner is prepared for tonight. My washing is on. You might be able to smell a lot of things." I shrug, going back to putting my heel on. Act like nothing is happening. Nothing has changed.

"You? Cleaned?" He asks bewildered.

"Yes. I am actually capable you know." I snap.

"Okay." Putting his hands up in defeat he takes a step backwards. I sigh thinking I shouldn't of snapped at him like that.

"Wait. Your wearing those? Again?" He asks frowning as he looks at my red bottoms.

"What's wrong with them?" I ask looking them over, they make my legs look so good. "They're cute." I pout.

"They are a death trap."

"You are over exaggerating." Rolling my eyes I stand up walking over towards the full body mirror on the wall and checking myself over.

"I won't be over exaggerating when you fall and break your ankle in them." He snaps walking closer so he can inspect them. "How much are they?"

"Hmm" Lifting up one leg I look over the heels, "$700, $800. Something like that."

His mouth drops open, "What? For one pair of shoes?"

"They are not just shoes Sloan. They are red bottoms." I explain with an eyebrow raised.

His frown depens like he doesn't understand the significance.

"Only one of the most iconic heel style since the 1990's." I offer grabbing my handbag and walking towards the door.

"Why? They look the same as every other pair of heels." His voice trials behind me.

Without bothering to reply I bend my leg so he can see the red sole as I open the door.

"Right." He mumbles to himself, "Red bottom."

Laughing quietly to myself we make our way out of the building and into the underground car park where I spot his truck.

"How is practice going now?" I ask strapping my self in as I check my lipgloss in the mirror.

"Good. My body hurts all the time but Coach said I am making progress." He nods to himself.

I'm proud of how hard he has been working. They had a game last week and had smashed it against the other team. He deserves everything he wants, especially with how his childhood went. He deserves to not have to worry about the day to day things.

The drive is silent after that, things have been different since we had sex again. We don't argue anymore unless it's about things we actually disagree with but that tense atmosphere hasn't been replaced by anything else.

Looking out the window I remember I wanted to go to the little cafe I have been dying to try. It's the closest one to campus and everyone always mentions how good the food is so I was going to pick up something for lunch.