𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘢𝘯

• • •

"Hot or cold?"

"Hot or cold?"

"I can be both if you want me to." I drawl with a wink at our teacher.

She sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose as snickers can be heard throughout the classroom. Ronan slowly shakes his head, trying not to let his lips twitch.

"Alright sorry miss," I mumble with my hands raised. "But both can be used to reduce the inflammation of the muscle and help treat various injuries depending on the severity"

"Good. Murphy, I need to speak to you after class."

Laughs surround me as I glare in embarrassment, "Yes, miss."

"What have you done now?" Ronan whispers leaning down sightly to reach my ear as everyone goes back to their worksheets.

Physical therapy is no joke. I took it as a backup option if getting into the NHL doesn't happen. Because in my world I can't afford to not have a backup option. Luckily enough, Ronan shared the same ideas as me and we both ended up liking this as our backup.

We tried the coaching module, but I don't think I could do what Coach Quinn does if I didn't make it pro. I can't lie. I would be salty considering I have given everything to hockey so watching other people make it instead of me. Nah, I'll stick to repairing them if they get slammed into the sides of the rink. I'm telling you, the face squish is enough to leave you disorientated, let alone bruised with broken bones.

"I don't know," I exclaim.

"Sloan. Quiet."

Ronan rolls his eyes before storming through his worksheets. Smart motherfucker. Training has been kicking up a notch as we have our first game in a week and coach has really been working us. My muscles haven't been this sore since I first started serious training.

I won't lie, though it has been a great thing having my frustrations go on the puck instead of innocent people. This stupid rumour is still circulating, and it's not just affecting her now. My focus has been slipping In class and I fear that is what Miss wants to talk to me about.

"Okay. In this assignment, we are working on the upper arm muscle group." Groans fill the room as everyone takes the paper that is being handed out.

"So, the biceps" I grin, wiggling my eyebrows at Miss.

"Yes, Sloan. The biceps." She rolls her eyes, handing me the assignment brief before walking back to the front of the classroom.