𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 - 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘢𝘯

• • •

"Murphy! Come on, man!"

"Fuck. I know, I know." I mutter, smashing my stick against the ice in frustration. My head is filled with constant thoughts of Evanna and the baby. How do I tell everyone? Should I do it individually? What about coach? What the fuck do I say to Ma? She is going to smack me around the head when she finds out.

It's been killing me not having anyone to talk to about this. The only person I can talk to is the one I don't want to burden. She has enough going on at home, whatever the fuck is going on, and doesn't need the added stress.

It's not good for her or the baby. Yet keeping it inside is disrupting almost every aspect of my life. I'm off in practice, snappy with coach and Ronan and have been actively avoiding Ma.

Now my team is becoming frustrated with me.

"Get it together." Hector hisses bumping past me on his skates.

"Do you not think that's what I am trying? Fucking asshole." I spit, turning around away from him. I need to calm down.

"Sloan. You ok man?" Ronan whispers, bending his head to reach my ear once he has skated over to me. I am in one corner away from the rest of my team, trying to get myself together.

"Not now." I snap.

Fuck. closing my eyes in frustration, I clench my jaw.

"Murphy! Here. Now!" Coach Quinn shouts from the side with his hands on his hips.

With a deep sigh, I skate towards the exit of the rink, avoiding Ronan's eyes as I don't want to see the disappointment there. I've been a shitty person to him.

Coach flicks his head towards the corridor and wordlessly I follow to his office. Watching the way his tense back moves with each step he takes I gulp. Fuck, am I in for it?

"Sit." He motions to the couch in front of his desk and sits after shutting the door with a bang behind me.

I gulp before taking a seat opposite him and removing my helmet. He watches me with hard eyes and his hands clasped in front of him on the desk.

"Are you ok?"

It's a simple question but leaves me reeling. I wasn't expecting him to ask that. Am I ok? Probably not. I hate that question. It suddenly makes you feel everything you are avoiding. Forces you to confront it head-on even if you are not ready.