𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦 - 𝘌𝘷𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢

• • •

"Maybe you are pregnant?"

I scoff. "You have to have sex to be pregnant, Lucy. Something I do not do."

Silence.

We lock eyes as the realisation kicks in. Oh.

I had sex with Sloan Murphy (possibly unprotected) 6 weeks ago.

"There is no way." I breathe, leaning back in my seat at the coffee shop. I had met up with the girls to decide if I wanted to sort through things with them or not. I wanted to tell them about my latest design, but it would seem like I'd lost the plot.

Instead, they, or should I say, Izzy, wanted to acknowledge how tired and ill I have been. I thought it was the stress from everything that happened after the one-night stand. Not that I could be pregnant.

Oh, my, what would mother think? This is exactly what she said would happen.

Papa. How would he react? Would he be disappointed in me?

Then there is Sloan. Oh god, a baby with Murphy. I could never.

"Yes, there is. You slept with him, Evanna. You need to take a test." Izzy snarks, pushing her blonde hair down her back.

"A test?" I exclaim.

"Yes," Lucy confirms.

"A test." I nod my head, "Right."

We sit there for a second, the coffee in my cup filling my senses and warming my hands that are wrapped around the pink and blue mug. They both watch me.

"Oh, you mean now?" I point behind me to the door. Lucy nods her head and Izzy rolls her eyes.

"A test." I put the mug back down on the table and note the colours. Is this a sign? "Oh, gosh, I need a test." I panic, standing up and slapping some money down on the table.

"I was waiting for the penny to drop." Izzy drawls and follows me, rushing out of the car with Lucy trailing close behind.

I try to think of the closest store, but it's like my brain is focused on one word. Pregnant.

"Give me your keys and get in the car." Izzy orders, snatching them from my icy hands. I rush to get in and somehow end up in the back of my car.

On the way, I'm panicking. What do you do with a baby? How do you hold one? What if you drop it and an arm falls off? Would I keep the baby? Would Sloan be involved?