𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 - 𝘌𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘦

• • •

I am an independent woman

At least that's what I tell myself as I am getting ready for the day. You know why? Because not only do I know how to cook (if you count knowing only 4 dishes), my washing machine is on, my dryer is on, my dishes are washed and I have a clean apartment.

I mean who would've thought I would be able to do all of this by myself? I didn't, not for one moment. Mother made sure that I was dependent on her, it was her way of keeping me to herself.

Yet look at me now, 22 weeks pregnant with my own place and my washing machine is on.

Pulling my bedroom door closed behind me as I leave I make my way over to the couch and sit down. Puffing out a breath I lean over and attempt to put my shoes on, and by shoes I mean my comfiest pair of heels. Ever.

I don't struggle to much considering my bump isn't huge yet but I do have to put them on from the side now. Over the past week I have had a lot more energy, enough that today I have on a cute outfit, my makeup is done and I have done my hair. I'm going to enjoy dressing up while I can.

"Elle, you ready to go?" Sloan calls as I can hear him turning the key in the lock to get inside. I gave it to him last week after we had had a discussion that it might be a good idea, especially after I had the small fall.

"Yup. Just putting my shoes on." Grinning to myself I try and hurry up with putting the last one on before he can take them off me. He doesn't like me wearing heels but I feel badass in them so he has no say really.

"What's the smell?" He asks coming into view in his denim jeans and tight white t-shirt stretched across his chest. Sighing to myself I adore him while he is focused on looking around.

It should be illegal how beautiful he is with his light brown hair and ginger coloured eyes. Not just that but he is a good person, has good morals and is someone I believed to never have sited before.

Growing up I was told people were evil and that they were only interested in you for sex, money or power. I used to dream that I would fall in love with a kind man, someone who actually cared for me. Mother never let me think that for too long, she just locked me away from everyone and only let me meet bad people. That way I never questioned her when she said everyone was evil. I had no reason to as it was all I had known.

Letting my eyes run over him, my breath hitches when I realise he is my kind man. The man I dreamed would take me away from everything, in away that was exactly what he had done. I swallow feeling my heart beat quicken. Oh no. Crap. I like Sloan Murphy.