Chapter 10: The Fox Lady's Trickery (Part 3)

Art Source: Pixiv
Search: Yae Miko

==================================

(AN: Sorry for the long delay! I actually separated chapter 10 into two, and hopefully I can finish the other chapter as soon as I could. Please tell me if there are any errors so I could immediately fix it. I don't know if I made any mistake or not, since I was giving this chapter a lot of final touch while being sleep depreived for three days, so I wouldn't be surprised if I made an error here and there.

Well, I've got nothing much to say other than that, so I hope you enjoy it!~ Now if you don't mind, my bed is calling me.)

==================================

"My~ Where did all that confidence go?" Miko tease with an amused smile painting her face. "Very well~ I suppose I should reward you for your honesty. If you so wish to hear my thoughts, I'll give you my honest opinion. Honesty for honesty. Right, Mr. Morningstar?" Miko winks as she approach Lucifer closer slowly, somehow reminding him of a predator approaching her prey.

"After listening to your story--Ah~ My mistake. Another man's story," She snickers, playing along with Lucifer's charade.

Stopping right in front of Lucifer, she lift her head up to look him in the eye with her purple eyes glowing and they crackles with electro. Even when he towers over her, Lucifer felt smaller than her, as if he is at the palm of her mercy. And that might not be far off either. Because this situation depends entirely on her thoughts of the matter. Whether she would abandon him or not, will be decided by her, and he already starts regretting that perhaps he had told her too much.

Yes, she promised that telling her all of this won't change their relationship, yet it still frightens him all the same. His relationship with her is built out of nothing but pure love, but there is not a single ounce of trust in it. Especially if the woman he is in love with is the scheming Guuji Yae Miko. And he knows that however she felt towards Lucifer, he is certainly not in one of her trusted person list. Despite this, however, Lucifer wouldn't have mind the lack of trust in her, as long as she never abandons him.

"As I've previously mentioned, I have greatly misjudged you, Mr. Morningstar." Miko began, mentioning the fact that Lucifer is not just some boring man who is incredibly considerate of others, but a much more complicated man than that.

"You are a man who lives in a world you cannot comprehend." Miko says with understanding. "However--instead of accepting the world as it is, you wish to correct it. To make it more... sensible."

In other words--he's reforming the world so he could understand it better. Instead of accepting the world as a place that at times doesn't make any sense and adapt to it, he force the world to run by his own sense of logic. Selfish, yet it is to no surprise for Miko.

Why would it be? He is the most powerful man in the world. When one have too much power, how could anyone expect one to sit still as the world continues to run by its own twisted logic? It is more unreasonable to ignore it and just let the day goes by without trying to find a way to fix it. That's why a quote such as "With great power, comes great responsibility," from one of the novels she had read in the past exist. And Lucifer is a prime example of that quote. Question is, is his path for his pursuit of true Utopia a responsible decision or not?

All this time she had always thought Lucifer was just too kind and considerate because that is just who he is as a person. Plain and simple, not to mention boring--which is just a terrible combination for someone who holds the title of the strongest Harbinger. But the story he had just told her changed everything she thought she knew about him. Lucifer have and will maintain these infuriating kindness trait despite everything the world will throw against him, as his greatest wish have always been to create the utopia he can understand better. Yet he is more than prepared to throw these trait out of the window, as long as he can fulfill his ambition.