chapter twenty one . final ending before the final beginning

"Ow, ow, ow!"

"Fuck! Go away!!"

"Nat, what the hell?"

"Force of habit," Nat woke quickly. She shifted against the sheets, untangling her legs and arms, rubbing Quinn's back soothingly, "Are you okay?"

"Mmph-" Quinn's eyes clenched shut, pain erupting in her gut, "It hurts a lot."

Nat brushed Quinn's hair away from her face, holding her close from behind. She had never held anyone the way she would hold Quinn. Nat would hold her gentle and kind, as if she were the fragile doll, "How long have you been in pain?"

"Not too long." Quinn said, a little too quickly.

"Fabray," Nat frowned, rubbing the baby bump gently, "don't lie to me. I'm the tough guy here, you're the pregnant one."

"I dunno," Quinn was taking quick, short breaths, "half an hour, maybe?"

Nat jumped out of bed, scoffing, "Jesus, Quinn. Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I'm sorry-"

"-jesus, don't apologise either," Nat fumed, moving to the cabinet and getting a pack of pills. She threw them at Quinn, "take those when your done. I'm gonna get to a heat pack. Don't go anywhere."

Quinn scoffed, as Nat walks away, "I can barely move, Nat. I'm not going anywhere."

"Don't sass me, Fabray." Nat turned back to face Quinn.

"Or what?" The pain seemed to be subsiding. Maybe it was because Nat was awake now.

"I technically can't disclose that. There is a baby in the room."

"That's never stopped you before."

"You're about to pop, any day now. I don't want the baby to be scarred by my pure sexiness."

"I kind of wanna be scarred though."

"Pregnancy has made you corrupted, Fabray. I have to say, it's pretty enjoyable."

"Ha, ha," Quinn laughed sarcastically, "you're so funny."

"I bet that's why you love me."

"Ugh. Did I really say love? Maybe I meant really like."

"You're outta luck, Quinnie- you said love. And so did I. Technically, we're married, because I don't think anyone's ever loved me like you and I know that I've never loved anyone like this."

"Married, huh?"

"I'll make us paper rings."

"But I like shiny things."

"Wow, are you rejecting right now? Have you forgotten that I'm also the roof over your head?"

"I-"

"- but alas, you've broken my heart! Quinn Fabray, you scoundrel! You just had your way with me and left, taking my heart with you!"

"Calm down, Romeo. I'd marry you with paper rings."

"Good. Now, we should probably figure out who gets custody of Jerry in case of a divorce," Nat was grinning, the whole idea of marrying Quinn made her heart flutter. Jerry was their small house plant‐ a cactus that they raised together. They loved him dearly, "I say, you get every second week."

"You get weekends only! When we first got him, you nearly drowned him!" Quinn could remember it well- coming home to see a distressed Nat with muddy dirt on her hands and a mess in the sink, "why in the world would we get a divorce?"

FEMME FATALE . QUINN FABRAYजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें